Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the new Gen 2 yet? I emailed them and they said it was code free, no soft codes.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It is code free. There was quite the pre-order list so it will probably be a few weeks before you start to see guys post their feedback.

·
Registered
343 Posts
im waiting on mine as we speak

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Yeah i called BADP yesterday and was told it would be atleast 28 days before i would receive shipment if i ordered right then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kudos to BADP!

I went by the Baytown shop yesterday and Shane/Lyle were very helpful. Made my decision and purchased their kit. It comes with the Gen1 setup but I will update to the Gen2 once the EGR delete is completed. Great group of guys 4sure. :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Registered
756 Posts
well guys i called in this morning and made my order and talked to evan he sayd it would be about 28 or so days so let the countdown begin ......... the suspense will kill me hahahaha

·
Registered
155 Posts
Evan is a cool dude...I talked to him the other day too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
yea i told him trust me i know there will be a wait ive been following the progress on the cummins forum i cant wait

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
28 days?! wow, i wouldnt have the patience for that at all.

G

·
I just got a PM from Shane about that.

I wasn't told when I ordered the Gen 2 with my Delete, it would ship in a week. But all Shane told me was they were in production.

I don't know who I talked too. Apparently there is more than one sales person.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I called BADP today to see if they were going to start shipping out the kits. I asked if it was posible to check the status of my order. I felt as if i was getting an a$$ chewing!!!!! Who ever it was asked when I purchased the kit. I told him that it was a week or 2 ago. Who ever it was went on to tell me that there were 1,000's of the kits being ordered and that they were not just shipping out 1 a day(no $h1t). Was not pleased, to say the least!!!!!! If it was just a bad time, they should have never answered the phone and I would have just left a message. I've heard a lot of folks say that they are real good about returning phone calls so it would not have been a problem. Guess next time I will think twice before I order. Its sad to because I'm not far from them.....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I heard Texans don't have any patience. . . Mwahahhaahahaha
Yee Haw, that's funny, a texiwashingtonion, I get it:T:

I ordered mine monday and he said I would see it around the 26th, Happy friggin birthday, now I need some trickery for the EGR.

·
Registered
756 Posts
it will be hard to Compcowboy but it will be worth the wait i figure ive waited this long so i can wait a lil longer

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Yee Haw, that's funny, a texiwashingtonion, I get it:T:

I ordered mine monday and he said I would see it around the 26th, Happy friggin birthday, now I need some trickery for the EGR.
I ordered on the 27th so I hope that means I am a week ahead of you.

Chris graciously offered to help me with my DD install but looks like it will be before the gen 2 is on Chris.

I have a big trip back to Montana planned first week of July and I really want this stuff on by then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered mine yesterday, and I can't wait either, thank you all for responding and I hope to get more people writing back as you get the Gen 2 in and installed to see how it is and what your results are.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What Does it mean when they say the Gen 2 is Code Free?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The current gen 1 throws a "soft" code. The soft code causes the check engine light to be on all the time but does not de-rate the engine. You need a code reader of some kind to clear the soft code and turn off the check engine light. The gen 2 kit is code free meaning there will not be any soft codes or check engine lights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks That makes sense, say in the future If I want to put the DPF back on and pull the gen 2 off will the Dealership be able to tell in my truck's computer It was in there at one point?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts