Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 5" TBE kit from BADP. I pulled my stock exhaust off and was unable to remove 2 of the EGT sensors. Did anyone get 2 new sensors with their kit? Looking at the instructions on the BADP website, it says to leave 2 EGT sensors on the stock exhaust and install 2 new EGT sensors in the new exhaust. I'm just wondering if my kit was missing 2 EGT sensors. If not, where would I find 2 new ones besides the dealership?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am waiting for delivery now.

Did you purchase a special tool to remove the sensors?

I don't remember hearing about them shipping 2 sensors. I thought that we should use all of our existing sensors in the new dpf delete kit. that was my understanding.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You do not need a special tool, I just sprayed them with some penetrating stuff and wrenched them right out.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got after them with some Vise Grips earlier and still had no luck getting two of them out. I guess i'll try to saturate them with some WD-40 or something tomorrow. The bolt heads are pretty gummed up now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
wd 40 and a little heat worked for me

·
Registered
343 Posts
also if you got the plug and play kit from badp the sensors are attached to the fooler box other then the o2 sensor which you have to reuse

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also if you got the plug and play kit from badp the sensors are attached to the fooler box other then the o2 sensor which you have to reuse
I got the plug and play kit, but mine did not come with the sensors attached like the instructions said. I guess some people get them and some people don't.

·
Registered
343 Posts
are they just loose wires or do they have hard connectors on it

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would call up BADP and get the issue solved through them.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe the original plug and play kits had EGT sensors hardwired, but the later ones have plugs to reuse your old ones. I think the code free uses your old ones too whenever they ship. They charged my card last month, but still haven't seen the code free box yet..

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got those sensors out of the stock exhaust. WD40 and Vise Grips did the trick. The bolt heads are in pretty bad shape now but at least I got the sensors on my new exhaust.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I finally got those sensors out of the stock exhaust. WD40 and Vise Grips did the trick. The bolt heads are in pretty bad shape now but at least I got the sensors on my new exhaust.
So is this kit of your the code free gen 2 or gen 1? If its the code free how it working out for ya?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is this kit of your the code free gen 2 or gen 1? If its the code free how it working out for ya?
I'ts the gen 1. I've got an Edge to clear the codes.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I had a really hard time with the sentence in instructions about the sensors on the gen 1 kit.

Simply stated you re-use all the EGT sensors and the O2 sensors. The O2 sensors plug back into stock locations and the three EGT leads plug into the gen 1 fooler box and the fooler box plugs back into the stock EGT inputs.

G

·
Next time you run into a problem like that, try using a little heat. Heat up the fitting, not the sensor.

I hope you put something like Never Sieze on the threads before you put them back in. . . Never Sieze is not the best in exhaust applications, but since diesel EGT's are so much lower, it will work fine.

WD40 is junk. Use PB Blaster. Far better product.

This is old age talking. :rof

G

·
I had a really hard time with the sentence in instructions about the sensors on the gen 1 kit.

Simply stated you re-use all the EGT sensors and the O2 sensors. The O2 sensors plug back into stock locations and the three EGT leads plug into the gen 1 fooler box and the fooler box plugs back into the stock EGT inputs.
I just ordered mine a week ago.

Let me get this straight. You are saying I need to plug the sensors back into the original box and do what with the fooler???

I'm not sure if I ordered the Gen 1 or 2 now. I know it was 200 Bucks for it. I am assuming the Gen 2 then. Hope the instructions make more sense then.

·
Banned
706 Posts
Do the kits come with the pipe flanged to kit and a fooler box?:confused:

G

·
Do the kits come with the pipe flanged to kit and a fooler box?:confused:

It comes with the flange but you have to order the Fooler separate. Tell him if you have an Edge programmer or not. I think they will sell you the Gen 2 then. I am pretty sure that is what I am getting

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh my you guys have me all mixed up now.

I guess I will wait and see what comes.

I had a phone call and they asked for an email address so they could confirm shipping dates/ tracking numbers. So I must be getting close.

Waiting on code free. :beer

1 - 20 of 95 Posts