Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email end of last week saying the CODE FREE is less than two weeks way and the gentleman told me to hold off buying right now and wait till the code free. Will be $250 more. Sorry if this is a repeat post the news was new to me. Figured I'd share.

TJ

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
lets hope that is true, but i will not hold my breath.

·
Registered
192 Posts
so what will be the total of the code free 5in?

·
Registered
88 Posts
ALLLLLLLOOOOOOT!!!!!!! We will have to wait and see if it 100% code free.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the 5'' SS TBE is 1310 plus the extra 250...

I told him I was ready to buy now but he said he would recommend waiting so I doubt they would turn down $$$ if they werent super close. Dont ya think??

·
Registered
692 Posts
They are stand up guys at BADP and if they suggested waiting, then they are onto something.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
will this include being code free for the egr delete as well?

·
Registered
419 Posts
so almost $1600???.... steep.i really want to get one but man thats a little pricey. i guess thats the benifit of being the only code free guy in town

J-Mo

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can't wait!!!!!! Steep though your right.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i got a email from shane this morning which said the were finishing building the beta units and would be shipping those out but it would be awhile before they would ship out to the rest im sussposed to get one of the beta units will let all know when i do

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
may be a silly question BUT do you need the Edge if the code free dpf delete takes care of the codes?
No you won't need the Edge with the code free kit.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
And will you need the Edge to do EGR delete if you have a code free DPF delete?

I don't want to have any codes at all.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
And will you need the Edge to do EGR delete if you have a code free DPF delete?

I don't want to have any codes at all.
If you want any EGR codes cleared on startup, you will need the Edge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
is shane working on a egr delete ? it was posted before there is more to it then just blocking it off and unpluging the harness.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This may be a bit off the wall, could you purchase a code free box from BADP and get a 5in tbe for a 5.9 and save yourself some money?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The code free module is finished on both trucks.
We have several beta units ready to go out and the C&C units will still go out by the end of the week. The regular trucks are having o2 sensor issues we can run the truck for hundreds of miles and never have any trouble and then it will pop up and a few miles later it will clear itself.
We found ou today at the dealer that dodge is having a lot of trouble with the o2 sensor software and o2 modules so we are going to add something to our modules to correct the issue until dodge has a sollution.
This is more than likely going to set back the release date on the regular truck code free but we are going to work on this as hard as we can for the rest of the week to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Shane

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
That Great!:thumbsup

Keep up the good work Shane! :woot:

:beer:beer:beer

1 - 20 of 69 Posts