Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would share some numbers from my recent trip across the U.S. with the dpf delete inplace.

I left Southern Arizona pulling a 28ft toyhauler at 11,440lbs thru the mountains on I-17 and then over on I-40 to Ohio. I was averaging 10.28 mpg hand calculated at 70-72mph. I was only getting in the mid 10's mpg until I reached IL to OH where the speed limit was lower and I was running around 60-62mph and then the mileage really came up to 11.3 Had some pretty bad wind so that cut into my fuel a little. My EGT's were normally around 1080 - 1130 while running at 70-72mph. I had a few spikes towards 1200+ while pulling some hard hills, but I just dropped to 5th gear and no worries.

My engine temps were surprisingly low. I only saw 210 three times, and again that was during some hard long hills. Mostly I was around 198-204 degrees. Not to bad I thought.

I did have to stop and clean out the air intake once, I got an old Ford Powerchoke stock in it when I passed him. hehe :lol3:

Honestly I am very pleased with the BADP dpf delete, and I feel it was money well spent. That damn EGR may fall off on Monday once the truck gets a much needed bath.

·
Registered
153 Posts
thanks for the update ... getting impatient here .... just want a few more miles before voiding warranty

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure if that sells me on the delete, I just took a little 650 mile trip pulling a enclosed car hauler(loaded w/crap) 8k total doing 65-70 with about 150 miles through n GA mountains and i got 12.9mpg hand calc. My truck is stock w/ 4000 miles. Oh i also had stock tires.??????

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Not sure if that sells me on the delete, I just took a little 650 mile trip pulling a enclosed car hauler(loaded w/crap) 8k total doing 65-70 with about 150 miles through n GA mountains and i got 12.9mpg hand calc. My truck is stock w/ 4000 miles. Oh i also had stock tires.??????
Well then if you put the dpf delete on your mileage will be even better than what he stated, each truck is different, the dpf delete will not hurt your mpg's, it will only help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In AZ that route went from a low of 800 feet, to over 6800 feet. I doubt GA has any freeways over 3000'. those are great numbers for that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts