Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new truck had some overspray on it that looked like rust spots. The dealer had it in the shop twice to rub it all out. I told him I hated all the dodge badges and 3500 badges and the heavy duty and 4x4 badges. So he said to pull them off and he would rub it out and wax it and there would be no evidence of them ever being there.
HOLY COW! They use some super type of adhesive for those things. I used my heat gun to soften them. THen I used a dental pick to pull the emblem off. The double sided tape wouldn't come off. I have blisters on my fingers from rubbing them to get them off of the truck.
It's all done now. But what is the best way to deal with those buggers? Like I said, I tried the heat gun. I ended up using acetone. It worked but not well. It's all done now and looks great.
I kept the Cummins badge and the Ram on the tailgate because my wife liked it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
3m make a rubber eraser wheel that goes on a cordless drill.. i took all my SLT emblems and the RAM 2500 ones off in about 30 minutes

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Don't forget to use fine line for the light scratches

·
Registered
327 Posts
paint thinner will work gettin the adhesive off. yes paint thinner. it wont hurt, trust me.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
A piece of fishing line to "saw" between the layers of the tape will take the badges off in seconds. Then it is down to man, muscle, solvents and beer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
3mm makes a adheisive remover just for that i took my badges off as well as my rubber door gaurd things in about a hour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts