Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, have a 2018 ctd and unfortunately the red letters badges are fading something terrible. Same goes for the words heavy duty under the 2500 on each side. Any ideas on how to address this or am I simply in the market for new ones? Will the dealer help me out anyway?
Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reactions: 7492 and clipse270

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
In my opinion, makes the truck look cleaner. Not like anyone needs the big C on the fender to know what’s under the hood. The rest of the badging is redundant as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I guess it serves a purpose to keep the emission nazis away. You cannot tell if its a diesel engine or not unless you look underneath the hood. My 12 valve had the badging removed, thinking about putting them back on.

Reactions: Tyler AS

·
Registered
892 Posts
Those badges look aftermarket - I have a 2018 CTD as well - and the red lettered portion and the Cummins word itself are more of a sticker or vinyl film on the emblem itself - if those are OEM badges maybe FCA switched suppliers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The edges are raised just spray paint red in a jar lid. Use a small model paint brush and paint the inside. A rag with a little thinner pulled tight over your finger, then clean off the chrome raised edge. Simple easy fix

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
10,907 Posts
The edges are raised just spray paint red in a jar lid. Use a small model paint brush and paint the inside. A rag with a little thinner pulled tight over your finger, then clean off the chrome raised edge. Simple easy fix
Or use model paint, since it's already in a small jar. Not that that's how i did paint corrections on my 2012 before i sold it or anything.....

·
Registered
893 Posts
Those badges look aftermarket - I have a 2018 CTD as well - and the red lettered portion and the Cummins word itself are more of a sticker or vinyl film on the emblem itself - if those are OEM badges maybe FCA switched suppliers?
This was my first thought but looking at OEM badges I guess as least the black ones from '17 up are like that and not smooth like the ones on my '15

@clipse270 have you ever gotten your rig detailed or used any high strength cleaners on it? The only thing I can think is that something got under the red and started to lift it. I had an issue with a detail shop using something on my wife's car that got on her side view mirror and damaged the glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts