Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to replace the steerong box.. I need your opinions Advance Auto has a reman for 210.00 or oriley has one for 171.00 and rock auto has ono for 146.00 Which ones should i avoid and what is the best ones out there for the money??:$::$:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I went AGR, but I must note that the box is adjustable for wear. I will also note that NAPA carries a "rebuild" kit for your box, which basically is a reseal kit, but the slop can be taken out from the input shaft as well as the sector shaft. Just a thought. It's basically just an old Saginaw box. $35 or something.

·
Registered
55 Posts
in my experince with the things its best NOT to buy a reman, they are all crap. i went through 5 before i found one that would last more than a month. and i bought it of a wrecked truck on ebay with low miles. and thus far its been the best one. i went through napa, autozone, and advance. none lasted more than a few weeks. i think it was summit i saw it in has a new unit with lower gear ratios in it for more reponsive turning which is one thing these trucks need. that will be the next one to go in mine. check them out they cost bout the same as the remans anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts