Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I have an injector going out on me. Hooked truck to badass snapon scanner no codes found but did cylinder drop test and cylinder 2 doesnt affect idle like the rest do it kinda idles up when its dropped. I have a call in to jamie at cpp to send mine out to him and have him check them re pop test them and make them new again. These have been in the truck since 2000 never been touched.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
you won't find injector codes due to the injectors being mechanical. pull the #2 injector and swap positions to another position.

·
"I'll go all in."
3,104 Posts
Here is what my truck sounded like when I had two hung or sticking pintles. Pay attention to the end of the video when I rev it up in particular. It may also be because of a newly developed leak in that injector line if #2 is the only one it happens to.

Reactions: Clunk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a miss like that and it turned out to be a hair line crack in the injector nut that holds the nozzle on. I had to use a magnifying glass to see it. Took a while to figure that one out.

·
"I'll go all in."
3,104 Posts
Yup, air in the fuel system will do it. I'd start by checking the #2 line, from nut to nut.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah gonna swap in a set of good stock ones until I have the money for a set of cpp 7x12's

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No fuel leaks that I can see I did cyl drop test with a snap on scanner and it dont drop it like the rest then I cracked the line open till fuel came out and it did the same thing. Truck was fine till I shut it off at my k8ds school yesterday then 5 minutes later got in fired it up and it went to missing. Then would come and go then finally does it fulltime. So I parked it for fear of hurting a piston or the head or something.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What injector to go with dap 150's or CPP 150's one is 500 the other is 900. What do u all think

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts
They are good prices so I assume 450 a set, the 7x0.012s I looked at on there I believe were 550

1 - 12 of 12 Posts