Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:CRY: well i had some problems this week the ac went out, cracked an injector, the wires in a metal deal that go to the fan clutch under the fan caught the fan and went through the radiator, the shifter went limp dick it broke where the shifter has a cylinder with rubber in it, and the batteries keep boiling like there getting over charged and now are bad
its an 06 with only 55,000 miles iv had the bully dog triple dog downloader on there like 3 or four months

I love the truck and i aint tradin it so tomorrow im going to starting fixing it tomorrow myself because id rather not put more dodge crap on it

now for the questions:
what causes all of this?

on the injectors if its cracked can i just buy nozzles for all of them or do i have to buy a new injector?

how hard is it to put in new injectors and are there any articles on how to?

when the wires went through the radiator the truck doesnt want to start once it gets hot and i got the ctds p0480 and p0483 and its gotten really slow could the wires just have shorts or could it be worse?

do i have to replace the alternator or why could both batteries be boiling

and last the code p0184 popped up and it wont go off

it an 06 dodge 3500 4x4 6 speed 55,000 miles with bully dog tdd

·
Banned
393 Posts
Sounds like you need a vacation first!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol then i wouldnt have money to fix it and i would have more fun in my truck right now than could on any vacation

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
You should be able to put a volt meter on the battery to see what its actually sending. The meter on my dash shows its charging 14 or better most always, and I have not had any battery boil. Not to say that little guage is actuate, but I have been concerned that its charging so hard.
And sorry I know less about injectors then batteries. Good luck.
If thats your driveway in the avatar, maybe that is some of your problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i put two new batteries on her and that fixed the battery problem and the shifter problem now i just need to do something about the injector and can someone help me with the codes p0251 and p0148 one of my friends said it might be my injection pump going out

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ive already looked up the cod and one says fuel delivery error and the other is a sensor i think it said

·
Registered
680 Posts
you can have your alt tested at any shucks to make sure the voltage regulator still works so that you dont fry your new batteries

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got walmart to test it and they said that it check out good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts