Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done the diy delete 4' turbo back w/pres fooler,egr blocked and unplugged Ive lost 3 mpg empty and pulling,other than that truck runs good. looking to get my mileage back. My buddy has the H&s kit and his mileage went up?
.Just wonder if I have forgotten to do something? what is the cause of this and can I fix it.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
Review the thread below (signature) and be sure you haven't missed anything.
EGT sims?
O2 sensors in?

What are you doing with the edge?

Go thru your list here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gutted the oem exhaust front to rear the o2s are in the stock placement ,I use the edge to clear codes on start up, could my map sensor be going bad I took it out the other day to clean it and it was completely plugged with soot after I got it cleaned the probe inside was all rusty?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
The inside of the map sensor has a red rubberized coated probe. Maybe that is what you saw:confused013:A plugged map sensor really hurts performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I saw the orange tip sorry I meant the two metal rods that come down to it are rusty

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Condensation will build in the egr system when it is shut-off. That is probaly your case.

Reactions: ELMEANO
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.