Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a03-04 3/4 dodge 6spd its stuttering and running rough in traffic but gets better on open road. ifi let it sit running for 15min it will start to clatter every couple of min. and when u go to take off it wants to die i can cluth it in it will rev. up and clear out then i can take off . i changed the lift pump at 70,000 and inj. pump at98,000 the only mod. is a power pup that i took out but didnt help . any ideas on whats wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poor low rpm performance

I have changed the fuel filter twice inthe last 2500 miles. i also use injector cleaner and have added transmison oil to the fuel but is still running rough. i had the inj. pump changed 7000 miles ago my problems started not long ago. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took the pickup into the dealer they said the lift pump and inj. pump had good pressure and all the inj. checked out. then he tried to tell me it was normal for it to load up after excessive idol time. ive owend the truck since it was new this didnt start untill after 100000 mi. i think its a inj. but its not bad enough to code

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well if you have already tried all of that you could try running an overhead on it.. just a thought.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,024 Posts
I have changed the fuel filter twice inthe last 2500 miles. i also use injector cleaner and have added transmison oil to the fuel but is still running rough. i had the inj. pump changed 7000 miles ago my problems started not long ago. thanks for the reply
:thud: Your not supposed to use ATF!!!!! ATF is not designed to burn. If you wanna add something to your fuel add 2 cycle engine oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts