Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finnaly ordered a set of ISSPRO gauges, and i was in the middle of installing my fuel pressure guage...had the hose to the isolator connected directly to the schrader valve on the injection pump.

I bumped the starter so I could bleed the air out of the isolator and line. Lift pump buzzed like normal but no air or fuel came out of the isolator..

So i removed the hose completely from the schrader valve on the injection pump, and yes the valve core is removed..I bumped the starter again, lift pump buzzed, still no air or fuel.

I the started the truck with the schrader valve wide open, no core nor no hose. Let the truck run for about a min, no fuel at all came out of the schrader valve.

Is my lift pump bad even tho it still buzzes??

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats my plan, I jst wanna make sure my lift pump is actually bad before I buy the Airdog

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
I finnaly ordered a set of ISSPRO gauges, and i was in the middle of installing my fuel pressure guage...had the hose to the isolator connected directly to the schrader valve on the injection pump.

I bumped the starter so I could bleed the air out of the isolator and line. Lift pump buzzed like normal but no air or fuel came out of the isolator..

So i removed the hose completely from the schrader valve on the injection pump, and yes the valve core is removed..I bumped the starter again, lift pump buzzed, still no air or fuel.

I the started the truck with the schrader valve wide open, no core nor no hose. Let the truck run for about a min, no fuel at all came out of the schrader valve.

Is my lift pump bad even tho it still buzzes??
Really common...:doh:

That little plastic hub is not suppose to spin or fall out... But 90% of all failures is from that stupid 1 cent piece of plastic failing... If your going to do a pump do a full FASS or AirDog ssystem don't waste your money on Holley or a FASS DDRP... Not worth it to do a half arse job...

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Do the bump start thing and fuel should flow out the schrader valve. The injection pump is not being starved in this condition. Sounds like the LP is dead, especially if hear it running or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts