Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem that I'm having. They put on my 3rd pump yesterday. My truck only has 33,500 miles on it. Every time that they replace the pump it is for the same reason the pump is leaking.If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
CP3 pumps are normally very reliable pumps. That seems odd to go through that many. Where do they save the pump is leaking??

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I know the down time sucks, but they will eventually get it right and if they don't this time take it to a different dealer, and if that doesn't work...get ya one from industrial that you know won't leak

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
There was a problem with leaking pumps a while back, but I thought they had that cured.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it to a different dealer yesterday for the istallation of the 3rd pump hopefully this will be the last. The 2nd pump only lasted 300 miles. The pumps are leaking out of the plug on the bottom of the pump.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
is the "stock" lift pump o.k? i don't know but if a lift pump ,the stock ones, were not puttin' out enough would it make the cp3 work harder?:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
get ya one from industrial that you know won't leak
Actually the first one I got from II leaked really bad (dripping). And now the replacement I got is leaking too, although its not a drip or stream of fuel the underside of the pump will be slightly wet with fuel. I guess before its too long I should get another one. The reason I worry is that the leaking fuel is going onto my wiring harness. Third time is the charm I guess.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Ive Had 4 On My Truck In 99k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts