Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please please read I need help! I’ve got a 2000 ram 2500 4x4 with a built 47re. When I first got the truck I was getting 20mpg for 4 months now I’m getting 11 (after new install) My fass took a crap so I bought a raptor 4G 100gph (great pump by the way) I have 75/100 horse injectors. And a tuner(edge juice) I’ve always gotten 20mph. I let my truck sit for a week as I was waiting for my pump. I got it installed after I bled my lines and everything... I lost cruise control I lost my 4x4 and I lost my a/c controls (still blows but only to wind shield. My tranny likes to lock in and out at random times in all gears. I replaced IAT censor. Next will be map censor. From what I’ve read should I just get a new ECM?? I’ll reset my apps tomorrow but please help me. I’ve got so much money tied up in this thing and I know it’s a simple fix. Note my 4x4 works great but the vacuum lines don’t engage the actuator. Please let me know what I can do before a mechanic chargers me $1,000 and doesn’t solve my issue. I’ve got my fuel pressure set to 13-16. I have all my gauges set up properly

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
First off welcome to the forums.

my first area I would check on is the batteries. Check to make sure they have a good charge, alternator is charging well. And good clean grounds.

on numerous vehicles over the years whenever multiple things failed at once, it usually reverted back to how the batteries/charging system was operating.

hope that helps. Good luck

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Welcome, and please fill out signature with ALL truck info, year , model, mods etc
OK first stop buying parts to diagnose. trani,
First the AC, 4x4 and cruise are all due to a vacuum leak. Could be anywhere but most likely in the plastic line from the pump up to and across the firewall over the valve cover. Check ti or its rubber fitting for leaks and cracks. Then move onto other lines and the actuator, but because of the AC and cruise it is not likely the actuator. But could be the main line from above to the vacuum switch on the Transfer case.

Then pull codes with a scan tool, not key.

As to trani? It is only supposed to"lockup" in OD and third sometimes. Sounds like i tis not shifting into OD (reason for bad fuel mileage). Maybe it has AC voltage issues causing lockup issues or it is shifting up and down back and forth.
First check that AC from the alt. Should be below .05v ac or lower.
Aside from the AC issues, you may need some new solenoids in the trani. The governor pressure sensor and solenoid control shifting 1,2,3 and the OD solenoid pack controls shifting up into OD. I would probably do a fluid change and do those three solenoids too. Only use good name brand parts in trani electrics, no cheap Chinese crap.
ECM does not control any of your issues. So no don't run out and buy a an ECM .

That should keep you busy for a bit, then we will see what is left. Hopefully not all that bad as you think. NO don't give a mechanic any money. Buy a scan tool if you do not have one, don't have to be an expesnsive one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have or have had a lot of these same problems. I have same truck, same tuner, same AC problem, the same fuel mileage problem and had the 4x4 prob. I just put a locker in for the 4x4 and works amazingly. On my property I am always in 4x4 and spend more time in then out of 4x4. I will refer to this and take your advice to fix my issues. Ty fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts