Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road today when my air bag light came on. I thought it was no big deal . Than my ABS light and brake light came on. So I pulled over and turned the truck off to see if it would reset. But of coarse it didn't. So I continued home. But while on the way my speedo stopped working:banghead:.Does anyone have any ideas? I tried to unhook the batteries for an hour but that didn't work. Also took the Smarty back to stock.:help1:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
its you speed sensor located on top of your rear diff:doh:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
wait... thats on my 99 not sure if its in the same spot on the american axle

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my sensor is on the top in the front. That would be causing all those problems?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP please help:confused013:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Dang Wes that sucks dude!! Hope ya get it figured out man..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Get the codes checked. Sounds like it could be a rear speed sensor issue, but I dont think that would cause a airbag issue. Have you serviced your rear differential? The speed sensor is magnetic, so any metallic particles will stick to it, eventually causing it not to pick up a signal. Pull it out, clean it really good and put it back in. Clear the codes and drive it, if your dtc is for a speed sensor

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I will try that tomarrow.:yourock:

·
Registered
830 Posts
check fuse #30 in your fuse box. it also controls everything you described. i know you said it didn't go out all at once, but check it anyways. when fuse #30 went out in my truck, which the box top says is a spare, this is what happened to me. abs light and brake light came on and speedo didn't work at all. it's a simple place to start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts