Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,754 Posts
Because the Smarty will allow room to grow and can get better fuel milage. Why not buy a Smarty? I'll answer your qustion with a question.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cause EFI Live might be out this decade and that system is better.
Save money for injectors AFTER the trans is built.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Because you'll never spend another cent on your wife again or anything else for that matter...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Cause EFI Live might be out this decade and that system is better.
Save money for injectors AFTER the trans is built.
little early to be hopping on the efilive band wagon for an 03. who knows how many years it's gonna be if it ever even comes out.

the only reason nto to get one is because you should get a used s06 for the same price and have more power or more room to grow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do I need to worry about used smarty units being locked to a VIN on the previous owners truck? Or is it the ECM that gets locked to a certain smarty unit?

Judging by your sig you have a stock 48RE. IMO that's reason enough! :S:

I think I have the 47re, according to my VIN (8th number is a 6 which supposedly indicates 47re). No signs its going on me yet....

·
Registered
516 Posts
If the owner doesn't unload the Smarty tune from his truck, then you can't use it. If the owner goes back to the stock programming, the Smarty can travel to another truck. I bought mine used and it worked fine. I then sold it (stupidly), and it worked fine on the new owner's truck. Hope that helps.

-J

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I have the 47re, according to my VIN (8th number is a 6 which supposedly indicates 47re). No "signs" its going on me yet....

Here's your sign 47re

·
Registered
112 Posts
do the trans first you won't regret it!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think I have the 47re, according to my VIN (8th number is a 6 which supposedly indicates 47re). No signs its going on me yet....
Here's your sign 47re
Ah, 47RE, I'm just getting into the Dodge game and was under the impression that all the HD 4-speed third gens were 48REs and the second gens were 47REs. My mistake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.