Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on other trucks that you can turn the view of the backup camera while the truck isn't in reverse and I've noticed mine doesn't have that. Im wanting to figure out how to get that icon on my controls page

·
Registered
279 Posts
When you hit the uconnect apps button, all the icons will come up. there is a second screen you can access by hitting the right arrow. you can drag the icons down to the "task bar" area, or whatever it's called.

Are you saying the icon is not showing up on either screen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you hit the uconnect apps button, all the icons will come up. there is a second screen you can access by hitting the right arrow. you can drag the icons down to the "task bar" area, or whatever it's called.

Are you saying the icon is not showing up on either screen?
Yeah that's correct. It's no where to be found

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,383 Posts
I may get ahold of the stealership and see what they know about it
That won't be a good use of you time.....:wink2:....this feature showed up in 2016 trucks.

Sam

Reactions: DWJM2513

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,383 Posts
Any way to use that alpha obd app to get it on my screen or am I just stuck with it how it is?
Never used Alpha but Customtronixs(spelling?) might have something.....

Sam

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
If it wasn’t coded into your truck as an option from the factory, ALFA OBD can’t do anything for you. It doesn’t write new code.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never used Alpha but Customtronixs(spelling?) might have something.....

Sam
I mean, from what I've watched on YouTube, you can change almost anything you want on the truck with that alpha obd as long as you have the right device to plug into the truck so why couldn't someone get into the radio system with it and make it to where you can add that control? By the way I love your profile animation!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it wasn’t coded into your truck as an option from the factory, ALFA OBD can’t do anything for you. It doesn’t write new code.
Then how do these guys that get the tradesman trucks, put a backup cam and cargo cams into them and have them programed to work? I know the person selling them sends the programming with the kit but how do they get that programming to set it up?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Then how do these guys that get the tradesman trucks, put a backup cam and cargo cams into them and have them programed to work? I know the person selling them sends the programming with the kit but how do they get that programming to set it up?
The code exists in the BCM since it was an option from the factory. You’re merely changing a 0 to a 1 telling the truck that the option is present. It doesn’t create new options that Ram didn’t offer that year.

For example. It can’t give you 2019 options on a 2013. But it can enable 2013 Laramie options on a 2013 tradesman.

The radio thing is a little unique in that some of the radio functions exist internally. Some it pulls from the truck. Ex: CarPlay and adding an 18 radio into a 13 to get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts