Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know the factroy backspacing/offset of the stcock 17x8 rims ?
I want to buy new rims and want them to be same size as stock

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone ??

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
I've heard 6". My Predators have 5 5/8" backspacing and +14mm offset and don't have any rubbing issues. I think you should try to be between 5 1/2-6".

·
Registered
364 Posts
6.2 I have read.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any one no forsure ? can't you just take the wheel off and put a straight edge across the rim and messure down to the inside of the rim ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
The stock backspacing if 6.5" . When you add the offset it might bring it back to 6.2" (not sure of this aspect). But Im dam near positive of the 6.5".

I dont think youll find many 6.5" aftermarket wheels out there. But if you keep a 5.5" BS, which is common, you wont suffer from any rubbing. If you plan to stick with a 17x8 wheel, the difference in BS from stock to the 5.5" is only 1/2".

(6.5"-5.5"= 1" difference, divide by 2 sides of the rim= 1/2" each side difference.).

When you notice a big difference is when you run a wider rim. Say you went to a 17x10 wheel with the 5.5" BS. You still only gain 1/2" form the BS difference, but you add 2" to the width of the rim thus giving you a total of 2.5" difference on the outside of the rim.

If you can give me the wheel spacs your looking at, I can run them throught the ole cranium and tell ya about the difference from stock.

I did alot of this reading and figuring when I bought new rims. Have a good one.
Joe E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts