Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what this is... i could be driving normally and push the pedal down to higher RPMS and it will lug.. Blow white smoke and backfire.. what is this...? injectors?? anyhelp would be great!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man if this is anything like mine it's gonna be expensive. Pushed my pedal about half throttle to pass a car, 30 psi approx and the truck began to pop through the exhaust and blew white smoke everywhere. Pedal went dead and check engine light came on. (They should just make the chk engine light icon a jar of vaseline) Had the truck towed to a buddies garage pulled the valve cover off and #1 #2 injector tops were blown off. #3 was almost ready to go. #4 was dead. Ended up replacing all 6 injectors and a fuse box. Not sure why they went, had 200 hp DDP nozzles in at the time. I would pull your valve cover and look at the tops of your injectors where the wires hook up. If they are canted in any way REPLACE THEM!! It will save you alot of time later down the road. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts