Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... like USAToday and MSNBC have reported for a few years in a row now, South Florida has the RUDEST drivers...and it extends into our cummins community, sadly.

Miami tops rude drivers list - USATODAY.com

Miami drivers have worst road rage - Mental health - MSNBC.com

I'm rolling North on I-75 this morning, cruise control set at 70mph with a sweet looking red MY07/08 3500-Dually 4x4 on 22.5's rolling behind me for about 5 minutes changing lanes with me like a mini-convoy through traffic. It was kind of cool until he came up on my left side, where I threw him a thumbs up with a big grin, and in return I get grilled. The dude looked like he caught me messing around with his daughter, lol.

So go figure, this dude was clearly hanging with me for a long while, then when I give him a rolling compliment, I get the look of death. When I drive my VW I get waves from other VW owners new models and old models all day long. Whats wrong with people down here?

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Worst place I ever drove was the Highways outside of Vegas. Those people were rude as hell!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I-75 between the Stirling Rd. overpass and Shotgun Rd. overpass, just north of Royal Palm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Back in '76 I was in Nairobi driving around in a rental car. I came up to a stop light and pulled out my map to figure out where I was. I guess I got engrossed with the map and just looked up as the light turned red again. I had sat thru an entire green light! I looked in my rear view, there was a lineup of about 20 cars, up the hill and around the curve, no-one honked, they saw I was reading a map, and were just waiting for me to make my move. A week later I am in Miami, first at the light, making a left turn ... you know the rest ... simultaneously as the light changed to green, about 3 drivers behind were leaning on their horns for me to get going. Quite a difference between Africa and Miami. (32 years ago, but really made an impression, both cultures)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent point, its like no matter where I go down here, the road is covered with ASSSHLOES. I drive along minding my own business and get treated like a road hazard because i drive the limit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I avoid going down there at all costs. I work in Ft. Pierce and have to go to Port St. Lucie a bit and it so full of New Yorkers that drive like crap. I hate rude drivers. When I go to north Florida where my wife is from everybody waves at you whether they know you or not and no one is in a hurry.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I-75 SB to Miami is a Muther in the AM. So anytime, I have to make that run always between 6 and 630 am. Anytime after 7 am and it gets nasty.

·
Registered
990 Posts
im glad i dont live in florida. out in east texas if you drive a big truck, people in other trucks just wave with a friendly grin.

·
Registered
613 Posts
trip to East Texas

I just came back from East Texas (Hallsville and Longview). Your right about that. Everyone just waves and drives on by. Big time difference from hee and there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah... this is the land of a-holes... what a bunch of stupid and retarded people down here.. half of which are wanted in another state and run away to our state..

i'm also into the dub scene and everyone waves.. there is nothing wrong with being friendly... i did notice palm beach and south it gets worse.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
I know Im alittle late on this here. But Florida roads are congested as he!!. What in south florida you have 3 roads to choose from going coast to coast. I75, SR80 (2 lanes in some areas), and Alligator Alley. Then think of the amount of people here; not only from florida living our daily lives, but from all over the world on vacation. Then those folks here from cold areas of the country. Our damn roads are OVERLOADED. Its no wonder us south Floridians are stressed out and drive with attitudes. Its like going to Disney world everyday here. lol. A ton of non-local people in my way while Im trying to go to work, etc. It sucks. Sometimes I wish i lived somewhere else with alot less people. lol
Joe E.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to agree and i am in Tampa, Driving U.S. 19 at the end of the day i want to just yell at people. New Yorkers are down here all year no matter what. and they drive like crap. Let along the High Amount of drivers down here over 65. I try my best not get get all stressed out but people in the R lane driving 20mph. And then you cant get over as everyone in there mom is behind you getting over. I am not talking about a crap road here either. 4 lanes each way and still backed up. If you use your turn signal to get over. People just drive faster to block you. So i dont even use my turn signal no more. I forgot to mention i drive all day down here. I deliver equipment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm probally the only jerk rude enough to do it (blame it on living in North Cuba for 23 years) but at least once a week I have to "check my suspension" on the reflectors towering over some idiot that just cut me off then brake checked me. Seeing 4 tons of diesel bumping and thuding mere inches from their import POS seems to adjust attitudes quite well... :peelout

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gets worse every year!

I am from Jupiter, on the north end of Palm Beach Co. and I'am a native of these parts. The driving and developement around here has been getting worse every year. If I go south to Broward or Dade Co., I am amazed at the amount of a**holes!, if your not doing at least 85mph, you are almost getting pushed by some illegal alien in an Escalade, if you go north, the traffic is still relatively normal, I guess the reality of it is, when you go to the areas that are still mostly rural areas and realistic people, you don't have to deal with the true a**holes. I avoid at all costs driving south, I would rather drive 250 mi north to Daytona than go 90 mi south to Miami. I think the concentration of horrible drivers are moving north every year. I still love this area, I don't want to see this happen, but how do you stop it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moparglenn, I know how to solve that problem!

[my right-wing $0.02]

OPEN UP CUBA AND LET EVERYONE GO HOME (Then promptly slam the door shut and put the Coast Guard to use).

That was Politically Correct...right? :w:

-I wonder if it has a Cummins?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Overkill I hear ya man, like that would ever happen. Not to change the subject, but where are you getting your B99?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't want to de-rail the thread or infringe on any advertising laws, so I sent a PM to you.

antwan718 and I took a cruise down there today, he's a class-act. there's still some good people in SoFlo, driving Cummins Diesels... :thumbsup

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah the other day im cruisin at 60 and some little POS pulls right out in front of me when there is 0 cars behind me. I missed by a few inches. but then i cut them off and slammed on the brakes. =]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts