Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I own a '91 12 valve N.I. W250. I found the 4" exhaust that was cobbled together by the previous owner has an awful rattle against a cross support on the truck. Ill post a video i took to give a better idea. It is worse when the truck is in gear.

Have any of you experienced this or have any solutions to this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You'll either have to loosen the clamp at the turbo and see if you can twist it enough to rotate it off the cross member or see if you can't dent the exhaust to clear it.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Reactions: CTD_CR924

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
What he said^^^^^^.

Reactions: cutoutcummins

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If its hitting and vibrating on the frame... you need to revise the exhaust mounts so it pulls the pipe away from it.

My diamond-eye kit came with 4" ubolt clamps that had a J-hook on them (that suspends from the rubber ex hanger). I found it was just a matter of indexing them on the pipe a little to hug the pipe a little left or right.

I still haven't got mine quite right... it rubs on the CV yoke when i'm on/off the throttle in 4wd. I'm going outside the frame rail next.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its hitting and vibrating on the frame... you need to revise the exhaust mounts so it pulls the pipe away from it.

My diamond-eye kit came with 4" ubolt clamps that had a J-hook on them (that suspends from the rubber ex hanger). I found it was just a matter of indexing them on the pipe a little to hug the pipe a little left or right.

I still haven't got mine quite right... it rubs on the CV yoke when i'm on/off the throttle in 4wd. I'm going outside the frame rail next.
OK, ill give it a shot it thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
They are tight, but if all the clamps are there and installed right, it won't rattle.

Keep in mind that a bad motor mount or trans mount will allow more movement also...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts