Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealership where i live (Uvalde, Texas) wont void warranties :thumbsup they actually install chips :hyper: im now excited to get my dpf delete and not worried

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
the dealership where i live (Uvalde, Texas) wont void warranties :thumbsup they actually install chips :hyper: im now excited to get my dpf delete and not worried
Congrats:woot:

Can't say the same for mine:thud::lol3:

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Yeah, my "true" local dealership (nearest to me), is a bunch of a$$holes!!!

They will void a warranty in a heartbeat!!!

Their Head Service-Writer is also the biggest idiot i've ever met!!!!!!

However, I found another dealer who is about 30-miles away, but I know 3 of the diesel service-techs...and I've known one of them for years...so they're pretty cool about it, and they try to overlook anything, and everything they can!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Farmboy876,

Carefull, I talked to my service advisor and she told me they also install performance parts and the warranty will not be voided when they install the parts, however if I bring my truck in with performance parts they will can my warranty especially with the DPF delete. Just be carefull on how to approch this matter.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
well Cerritos dodge installs after market parts on alot of the car/trucks they sell. in fact for some strange reason they even put in there own alarm system's rather then the one that chrysler recommends or puts i n all their vehicles...........i bought all my dodge's there. When i had a problem they fixed it(warranty). even if there was an after market part that they didn't even put on. About half of the dodge trucks that are on the show room/lot are lifted already as well.

But when i try to take my truck to the dealer ship in glendale CA( 2miles away) they say take it to where you bought it if you wanted warranty........:thumbsup

·
Registered
238 Posts
Forget the warranty! If you want the 6.7 to it's full potential, you gotta strip a few parts! :rof

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Yes!!!

The best way to go about it is, to call Dodge Customer Service, and tell the person there that you want to start a reference file.

First, be sure to give them your name, and VIN #, and all of your truck's info.

Especially mods you have already performed, and the mods you are wanting to do!

As you go through your list of modifications, ask them to find out from their manager if these mods will void your warranty?

I did, and every response was...

..."No sir, it will NOT void your warranty. However, if the modification is proven to be the direct route of the part(s) failure, then you will have to pay for the labor and parts to fix your vehicle, for this particular time, at your own expense. But your vehicle will still be under warranty, along with all the new parts installed at your dealership."

So, basically if you stack 3 programmers and "cook" your tranny, then you're going to have to pay for the new tranny + the labor to install it, this time. But your new tranny, along with the rest of the truck (that wasn't affected) WILL continue to be covered under warranty!

So, a basic summary is, no matter what you do to your truck, they can NEVER void ANY warranty...b/c the bottom line is: It's YOUR truck, and you can alter/modify it, as you see fit. And they can't tell you otherwise.

But if YOU tear it up b/c of an aftermarket part, then you're on your own ($$$) to get it fixed. But your warranty will still be in tact.

Plus, if you have it in your Reference File that Dodge ok'd these modifications, as long as you understand what CAN happen, then you don't have to ever worry about your warranty being voided!

** ALSO, a big tip:

Once you get your Reference File completed, be sure and ask for YOUR Reference File #!!!

It makes things alot simpler if you ever have to call them back. All you have to do is give them your Ref. File #, and...Poof! There's all of your information, right there in front of them!!!

And if you go to a dealership, and they try to tell you that you don't have a warranty because you modified your truck, tell them to call Dodge, and check your reference file, which will confirm that you recieved the OK to do these modifications!!!

And, say..."Here's my Ref. File #, if you'd like to call them yourself! All they're gonna do is just confirm that I recieved the OK from Chrysler to do ALL of these things to MY truck!!!"

And they'll shut-up REAL quick!!!!!!!!!

It's kind of cool when that happens!

So, I would highly recommend doing this!!! Especially before you do ANY more mods to your truck!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
these guys at the dealer are pretty cool, a friend of mine who has a 5.9 and the juice w/ att blew his turbo and he took it in and got a new turbo put in under warranty and he didnt remove the juice. I will definately ask them before i do the dpf delete though. but yall are right emissions crap sucks bad. they started doin sumthin about it wayyyyyyyyy too late, we might as well blow as much smoke as we can :peelout

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
My dealer installs the dpf delete on half the trucks they sell so I have no worries what so ever.:T:

·
Registered
382 Posts
But how can they do this legally with the emissions thing? I just don't get it when it comes to these places. How could it be legal for a dealership to remove the emissions system?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just can't see how they can be liable and legal when it comes to removing an emissions system?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
because they know the egr and dpf are bad for the trucks and good for the government

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
I just can't see how they can be liable and legal when it comes to removing an emissions system?
No diff from taking the muffler off the 5.9 still illegal, some day they might start cracking down good on this and hopefully its a long time away

·
Registered
317 Posts
It just varies from stealer to stealer.LOL Thats exactly what they are. LOL How can they install a 6in lift on a new truck and not void the susp warranty but if I do it its voided. Its whatever benefits them. Thiefs! Thiefs! Thiefs!

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
It just varies from stealer to stealer.LOL Thats exactly what they are. LOL How can they install a 6in lift on a new truck and not void the susp warranty but if I do it its voided. Its whatever benefits them. Thiefs! Thiefs! Thiefs!
I think you would rather call my dealer a performance shop than a dealer, they have been great to me on everything, I was there test mule for the 6.7 and they have sold alot from people seeing how mine holds up since most know how I drive:lol3: I have not had one problem in a year well take that back I had to replace the block heater and it was under warrenty

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can understand how a dealership could be cool about aftermarket performance mods and just look the other way with respect to warranty coverage.

What I don't understand is why a dealship would assume the liability associated with (themselves) removing federally-mandated emissions equipment on vehicles that are being sold to be driven on the street. While I wish my local dealer took this approach, IMO it just doesn't seem to make good business sense.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes!!!

The best way to go about it is, to call Dodge Customer Service, and tell the person there that you want to start a reference file.

First, be sure to give them your name, and VIN #, and all of your truck's info.

Especially mods you have already performed, and the mods you are wanting to do!

As you go through your list of modifications, ask them to find out from their manager if these mods will void your warranty?

I did, and every response was...

..."No sir, it will NOT void your warranty. However, if the modification is proven to be the direct route of the part(s) failure, then you will have to pay for the labor and parts to fix your vehicle, for this particular time, at your own expense. But your vehicle will still be under warranty, along with all the new parts installed at your dealership."

So, basically if you stack 3 programmers and "cook" your tranny, then you're going to have to pay for the new tranny + the labor to install it, this time. But your new tranny, along with the rest of the truck (that wasn't affected) WILL continue to be covered under warranty!

So, a basic summary is, no matter what you do to your truck, they can NEVER void ANY warranty...b/c the bottom line is: It's YOUR truck, and you can alter/modify it, as you see fit. And they can't tell you otherwise.

But if YOU tear it up b/c of an aftermarket part, then you're on your own ($$$) to get it fixed. But your warranty will still be in tact.

Plus, if you have it in your Reference File that Dodge ok'd these modifications, as long as you understand what CAN happen, then you don't have to ever worry about your warranty being voided!

** ALSO, a big tip:

Once you get your Reference File completed, be sure and ask for YOUR Reference File #!!!

It makes things alot simpler if you ever have to call them back. All you have to do is give them your Ref. File #, and...Poof! There's all of your information, right there in front of them!!!

And if you go to a dealership, and they try to tell you that you don't have a warranty because you modified your truck, tell them to call Dodge, and check your reference file, which will confirm that you recieved the OK to do these modifications!!!

And, say..."Here's my Ref. File #, if you'd like to call them yourself! All they're gonna do is just confirm that I recieved the OK from Chrysler to do ALL of these things to MY truck!!!"

And they'll shut-up REAL quick!!!!!!!!!

It's kind of cool when that happens!

So, I would highly recommend doing this!!! Especially before you do ANY more mods to your truck!
Would this be customer service at the dealership, or at Chysler HQ? Also, what parts do you have on your rig that would possibly violate warranty? It doesnt say in your sig.

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Well, technically, the emissions equip. on our trucks is retro-active...

In other words...Our Federally Mandated Emissions System by-laws are only effective starting 2010+.

However, currently, the ONLY Federally Mandated Emissions equip. for States that test emissions that I am aware of, are: catayltic converter(s), muffler(s), and tailpipe(s).

But the muffler and tailpipe laws also vary from State to State.

And here in Alabama, we don't test ANY emissions, and hopefully never will!!!

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Would this be customer service at the dealership, or at Chysler HQ? Also, what parts do you have on your rig that would possibly violate warranty? It doesnt say in your sig.
This would be at Chrysler HQ...NOT the dealerships!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts