Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TECH Exchange Editor
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. This is not to say these are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Winterize your Cummins
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
Cummins power ratings

Technical Topics:

Cummins Intake manifold
Cummins Fuel injection
Cummins Exhaust manifold
Cummins Headers
Cummins Fuel system
Cummins Body kits conversions
Cummins Body repairs
Cummins Transmission removal
Cummins Safety ratings
Cummins Engine oil change
Cummins Transmission oil change
Cummins Differential oil change
Cummins Tire Wear
Cummins Tire Inspection & Rotation
Cummins Tire Alignment
Cummins Suspension Features
Cummins Springs
Cummins Shock Absorbers
Cummins Air Filter
Cummins Disc Brakes
Cummins Big Brake Conversion
Cummins Headlight Conversion
Cummins Headlight Swap
Cummins ipod adapter
Cummins Battery replacement

Common Problems:

Cummins engine stalling
Cummins engine won't start
Cummins engine oil leak
Cummins engine dies
Cummins engine knock
Cummins engine ticking noise
Cummins engine break-in period
Cummins engine codes
Cummins emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH EXCHANGE Editor and getting a pre-approval. Your readers are waiting...

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Head Studs
Clutch
Turbo

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Ill be doing a 2nd gen manifold sawp into my 2010 ill write up about

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
no such thing as an intake manifold ;)

LOL

Should definitely have a timing article too, maybe i will fix up my old one.

Another thing, are their going to be different sections for different year trucks? Not all procedures are relevant to different year trucks!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
well i already have 4 articles out there, turbo rebuild, vacuum pump, injector install and governor spring install, id like to reuse those since they are already pretty darn accurate and include pics.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Head studs/head bolt retorque would be very beneficial! As well as replacing VP pumps and how to prevent from replacing them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Death Wobble Causes and Solutions...

·
Registered
318 Posts
well i already have 4 articles out there, turbo rebuild, vacuum pump, injector install and governor spring install, id like to reuse those since they are already pretty darn accurate and include pics.
I was going to ask if GOOD articles like these will be automatically placed into this section by the moderator(s) or if they will have to be re-submitted.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It says things like: "Cummins differential oil change" Does that mean you only have to have a Cummins in the truck to qualify? Or is it pretty much just for Dodges/Cummins?

·
Registered
71 Posts
how bout raptor/ fass with drawstraw V install

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am getting ready to do a nv5600 install. I could snap some pics and write it up.

Once i get this truck on the road there are some other projects ready to work on.
Front hub
Pacbrake
BullyDog monitor
Stainless brake lines
turbo upgrade

·
Registered
585 Posts
Following are some example topics that could benefit from having a TECH EXCHANGE article written. This is not to say these are the only topics that will be considered, but can serve as a starting point for ideas.

General Topics:

How to Winterize your Cummins
How to Prepare for Dyno Testing
Cummins power ratings

Technical Topics:

Cummins Intake manifold
Cummins Fuel injection
Cummins Exhaust manifold
Cummins Headers
Cummins Fuel system
Cummins Body kits conversions
Cummins Body repairs
Cummins Transmission removal
Cummins Safety ratings
Cummins Engine oil change
Cummins Transmission oil change
Cummins Differential oil change
Cummins Tire Wear
Cummins Tire Inspection & Rotation
Cummins Tire Alignment
Cummins Suspension Features
Cummins Springs
Cummins Shock Absorbers
Cummins Air Filter
Cummins Disc Brakes
Cummins Big Brake Conversion
Cummins Headlight Conversion
Cummins Headlight Swap
Cummins ipod adapter
Cummins Battery replacement

Common Problems:

Cummins engine stalling
Cummins engine won't start
Cummins engine oil leak
Cummins engine dies
Cummins engine knock
Cummins engine ticking noise
Cummins engine break-in period
Cummins engine codes
Cummins emissions testing

Ready to start? Avoid disappointment by discussing your topic with the TECH EXCHANGE Editor and getting a pre-approval. Your readers are waiting...
2nd,3rd to cuurent year model electrical, basic diagnostics per the dodge service specs. all available wiring diagrams and diagnostice flow charts upon request.

94-2002 interior how to's general suspension and brakes. now that i'm back at a dealership lol

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I would like to see a cam install writeup.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
How about a good 48re trans diy rebuild with billet parts upgrade write up. There is a ton of info to go thru and to be honest it gets pretty confusing going thru all of it. At least to me it does.

·
Heck if I know
3,760 Posts
This section needs to be in a drill down format. The following is just a general idea
Example: Tech exchange
Tires / Engine / Tranny / Body / Interior

select: Tires

Tires on stock suspension / Tires on non stock suspension

select: Tires on non stock suspension: you would then get the following options

2" leveling kit / 4" lift / 6"+

select: 2" lift

Tires that will fit without rubbing / tires that will fit with slight rubbing

This way without having to wade through pages of "tire" threads you can beeline right to what you are looking for.

Reactions: hpstran

·
Registered
310 Posts
This section needs to be in a drill down format. The following is just a general idea
Example: Tech exchange
Tires / Engine / Tranny / Body / Interior

select: Tires

Tires on stock suspension / Tires on non stock suspension

select: Tires on non stock suspension: you would then get the following options

2" leveling kit / 4" lift / 6"+

select: 2" lift

Tires that will fit without rubbing / tires that will fit with slight rubbing

This way without having to wade through pages of "tire" threads you can beeline right to what you are looking for.
That is exactly the way it should be set up. The problem with info on the Forum now is that you search for something, and you get tons of pages with sometimes absolutely no relavancy to what you want to find. This new Tech section should be easy enough to get information from that the main Forum shouldn't be filled with posts and posts of "Hey, use the search function, this has been discussed hundreds of times." This Tech section should be the search function, but broken down enough to make it easy to find info, and a place where you want to come read up on Cummins trucks without being overwhelmed with useless posts.
This thing is gonna be awesome. :thumbsup:

Reactions: hpstran

·
Registered
585 Posts
That is exactly the way it should be set up. The problem with info on the Forum now is that you search for something, and you get tons of pages with sometimes absolutely no relavancy to what you want to find. :
thats what their aiming for i hope it be that easy

·
TECH Exchange Editor
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is exactly the way it should be set up. The problem with info on the Forum now is that you search for something, and you get tons of pages with sometimes absolutely no relavancy to what you want to find. This new Tech section should be easy enough to get information from that the main Forum shouldn't be filled with posts and posts of "Hey, use the search function, this has been discussed hundreds of times." This Tech section should be the search function, but broken down enough to make it easy to find info, and a place where you want to come read up on Cummins trucks without being overwhelmed with useless posts.
This thing is gonna be awesome. :thumbsup:
You are right about the organization of material. As the amount of content grows, we'll keep the structure up to date, but in the beginning there's little point in doing this because we'll just end up with a bunch of empty forums.

Right now, there are two engine topic divisions: Engine - Core, and Engine - Other. Once there are more than a few engine articles, if we need to make separate folders for ISB/ISC/IS...whatever, that's easy enough.

Thanks... Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts