Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an under the toolbox auxiliary tank for my 08 3500 Cummins Dually. Anyone know where i can find a good deal in South Texas? Or how about any websites?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The stock tank holds 37 gallons. Even towing a heavy load at about 10mpg I can go 370 miles. Thats more than my legs, bladder etc. can handle!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had my '85 Chevy gasser set up with a 100 gallon fuel tank. Even though I only got 11 mpg It was nice to have 140 gallons onboard traveling to Alaska and back each year when I was going to college. I still have the tank but it is a little big for my shortbed. I hope to get something figured out soon. I miss having the range. My '97 ford (460) couldn't get 225 miles pulling on 40 gallons. I'm still wanting an aux. tank but my range with the CTD is pretty good even pulling right now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the RDS 60 aux/tool box combo on the last truck and I am going to install it on this truck after I get the bed liver sprayed in...
My 04.5 could go almost 2000 miles before refilling... I loved it!! I only had to get fuel 2 times a month instead of every 3 days!
:$:

Oilguy

P

·
0 Posts
Anyone make one with a larger capacity and still sits below the rails? I have a Fold-a-cover. Looking for the max capacity.

The ones shown above have shapped ends which take gallons out of the tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone make one with a larger capacity and still sits below the rails? I have a Fold-a-cover. Looking for the max capacity.

The ones shown above have shapped ends which take gallons out of the tank.
RDS makes a 90 gal tool box/tank thats just under bed height. Get the install kit with it if you get one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
RDS makes a 90 gal tool box/tank thats just under bed height. Get the install kit with it if you get one.
Not much of a box though... I think you can set a 4 way in there but you can't put anything on tip of it... LOL...
I have a 60 and have problems getting my jumper cables to lay flat enough to close the top...

·
Registered
451 Posts
The stock tank holds 37 gallons. Even towing a heavy load at about 10mpg I can go 370 miles. Thats more than my legs, bladder etc. can handle!
alot of guys need these tanks for taking diesel to equiptment such as tractors or dozers not just for the truck,,,,or hey maybe he has a hot lead of farm fuel...haha

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I was picking up a load today and a fellow brought me a panflet on aux fuel tanks that fit where the factory tank goes. He was selling Titan tanks. The one for my truck will hold 55 US gallons. The question that he could not answer is can the over head display unit be reprogrammed to show an estimate on the range from the added fuel capacity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
90 gal. tank

I have a 90 gal. tank with tool box on top and have it back but now I can't afford to fill it anylonger. :CRY:
Fuel in Alaska is 5.59 :butt:
I found it on craigslist for 400.00.

·
Registered
91 Posts
A buddy of mine got a 90 Gallon tank with toolbox on top from Northern Tool and Equipment. He uses his for SWVO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts