Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on one or the other? I am wanting to get a tank, just torn between the two. I do have equipment that I could use the refueling tank, and fill manually if I wanted too. I do like the auxiliary tank option and not having to manually refill the tank, but I would think getting out stretching would be welcomed. I guess I am asking because I am right on the fence available the two I am looking at. Both are within 100 bucks of each other. Auxiliary tank comes complete with monitor, refueling tank comes with pump, filter, and meter. Only thing I would like is the toolbox top, I want to store an auxiliary air system in it, but that is not a deal breaker, this rig is big enough for me to put it elsewhere. Any thoughts from those that have or are planning on having one? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
why don tyou put a refueling tank in the back then have that tank have a hose go to your main truck tank that you can re fuel your tank and fill up the storage tank also. therer are some kits out there to do this that shuts off the truck tank so it does not over flow out the fuel cap.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
if you are putting it into equipment you should be using Off-Road diesel. Its a good $.40 a gal cheaper. But then again you cannot run that in your truck. Transfer tank is the best way to go IMO.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anybody make an aftermarket fuel tank to replace the original factory for a short bed? The transfer flow tanks are nice but you either have to have the long bed or the megacab. What about those of us with a quad cab short bed?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you are putting it into equipment you should be using Off-Road diesel. It's a good $.40 a gal cheaper. But then again you cannot run that in your truck.
Yeah, I understand. We have bulk red diesel storage on the ranch, and 80 miles east on the river we have 90 acres that we are doing brush work on, only need 5 to 10 gallons at a time to run the little Bobcat, no bulk storage on this place. I would like the toolbox auxiliary tank combo, but the ability to pump fuel into other things would be nice too. I guess I could get a hand pump, but that would get messy in the long run and anything stored in the toolbox might get nasty too. Hmm, what to do? LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a 90 gal tank with tool top in mine. I have a long box so having the extra room is nice. I hooked mine up with a small electric fuel pump. I took the filler neck off and welded a nipple on it and hooked up the 3/8 hose to it. I can fill up my main tank going down the rode. Just flip the switch and watch the gauge. Works great. Now I wish I could afford to keep it full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts