Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
What is the real issue behind this ? If you are looking for overdrive fixes or torque convertor issues search that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no my truck is used for what it was intened(pulling heavy loads) I have a manual 6 speed trying to lower RPM for better fuel millage when not loaded but keep the torqe for pulling heavy loads

·
Registered
146 Posts
i would honestly suggest a tuner or programmer. i have a juice and attitude. You can chang on the fly from tow were you get the torque to mileage on those straight flat roads.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I believe U.S. Gear makes a similar unit. Don't know the price though.......
no longer manufactured although it is the better unit in comparison to gear vendors especially for towing. price wise its comparable, if you do a search for US Gear you should find a couple suppliers still left.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
If your truck is a 2WD, you could install some tall tires on the rear to make your own ratio.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i would honestly suggest a tuner or programmer. i have a juice and attitude. You can chang on the fly from tow were you get the torque to mileage on those straight flat roads.
A tuner is not going to be as effective as a higher OD gear (lower number) will. I think he is trying to find something that will help on the highway...

I have seen these on a few ford IDI's, its called a brownie box. Its what the older 18-wheelers used and anything with a twin stick. It is another tranny you mount behind the existing one and you can switch through or sometimes four gears. This would turn your sixspeed into an 18 or even 24 speed and have a double overdrive. a little difficult to mount and get hooked up, but I want to do it someday. It has a low gear, direct, then OD.

Reactions: dozer2292
1 - 8 of 8 Posts