Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i thought the wiring would be in my truck for the aux switches in my 2012 ram 3500. I bought the switch panel and found a green plug but its not for the aux switches. Is there a wiring harness or a relay box with wiring i can get to make them functional. Thanks also what is the green plug for behind my bezel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Contact this guy and he'll set you up with a kit that will get your switches working. Since you already bought the switches you can save $100 and just get the rest of the kit (he has an option to supply the switch panel with the kit if you need it). $225 for the kit without the switch panel, $325 with it. Easy install, no programming or anything else needed from the dealer. Took me about an hour to do it. 2013-2018 Ram Auxiliary Relay Assembly (without dash button panel) | Mysite

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contact this guy and he'll set you up with a kit that will get your switches working. Since you already bought the switches you can save $100 and just get the rest of the kit (he has an option to supply the switch panel with the kit if you need it). $225 for the kit without the switch panel, $325 with it. Easy install, no programming or anything else needed from the dealer. Took me about an hour to do it. 2013-2018 Ram Auxiliary Relay Assembly (without dash button panel) | Mysite
Are you sure thatll work on a 10-12 truck it shows it being for the 13 and up trucks

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram Mega Cab, Auto, 4x4
997 Posts
I know this is old (but it showed up to view for some reason). I added the auxiliary switch bank to my '10. I created a custom Bussman relay/fuse box following the example on a Toyota forum. The pigtail for the switch was connected to the blank RAM plate that came on the truck in place of the upfitter switches, just above the cupholders. From there, the wires connect to the appropriate relays simply to tell it to enable or disable by the press of a button. After all these years, I still haven't connected anything. I added a switch in the middle, but the Dremel slipped as I was making the cut. I wish they would have included switches for the three middle blank spaces.
Grey Rectangle Wood Gas Composite material

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Electrical wiring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts