Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 1/2 Dodge 6.7 and want to put a inbed aux fuel tank and would like to have it pump directly to the engine and not just fill the main tank. I assume the stock fuel pump is still in the tank on the 07s so is it possible to add a frame mounted fuel pump and tie into the fuel line so it could run off either tank?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have a 07 1/2 Dodge 6.7 and want to put a inbed aux fuel tank and would like to have it pump directly to the engine and not just fill the main tank. I assume the stock fuel pump is still in the tank on the 07s so is it possible to add a frame mounted fuel pump and tie into the fuel line so it could run off either tank?

Why?

Things often fail to work, when you make them complex.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just install an airdog and a switch.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Well I know some ppl that have that done and run only off their Aux. tank(which you can't tell is a tank, just looks like a chest toolbox). And fill their stock tank up with Green fuel and run whatever they can get in the Aux. tank. That way if you get stoped and checked Green is in the stock tank.

·
5,055 Posts
^that works until they pull an injector. LOL!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
if your main tank is full and your running off the aux you would also have to run the return line back into the aux to keep it from overfilling.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
^that works until they pull an injector. LOL!
I seriously doubt highway patrol officers are going to be pulling injectors to check for red fuel. Im a conspiracy theorist but that's taking it a little TOO far, dontcha think? LOL!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I seriously doubt highway patrol officers are going to be pulling injectors to check for red fuel. Im a conspiracy theorist but that's taking it a little TOO far, dontcha think? LOL!
I have never heard of them pulling an injector up here in Alberta to check for off highway fuel. They usually just dip the tank and check the colour of the fuel against a little colour chart.

·
5,055 Posts
I have heard stories of them doing it, i cannot say for sure they have, might just be the tin foil hat. They do hit a lot of the rodeo grounds around here and have hit a lot of them guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts