Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on installing aux fuel filters. I have not had an issue yet with water in fuel, but several friends have. Glacier Diesel Power sells several options. My question: Is the 2 micron inline filter necessary? I WILL be adding the 20 micron F/W Separator. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
To me, the factory filter has proven sufficent till owners start dipping into the farm fuel tank or the occasional run of really bad fuel from a station pump. Two micron is more than adequate and generally very expensive.
Buy fuel from high volume stations and don't contiminate the filler.

Reactions: Mopar1973Man

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to just add the f/w separator. My friends who have had the water contamination issue all bought fuel from high-volume dealers and I don't want to take any more chances.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
To me, the factory filter has proven sufficent till owners start dipping into the farm fuel tank or the occasional run of really bad fuel from a station pump. Two micron is more than adequate and generally very expensive.
Buy fuel from high volume stations and don't contiminate the filler.
Dozer right... Don't cheap out and get fuel from drag tanks... Always buy fuel from a high volume diesel station... :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.