Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to add 2 micron fuel filter to my truck and wondering if there are any considerations on parts or placement when operating in below-zero weather?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I run them and I dont have any issues. I hear alor of people making a big deal about fine filters in colder weather... CAT runs 2 micron filters on their equipment in cold weather. I run antigell in every tank below 32 degrees since I run bio blend (B20) year round. So far ive been down to -15 with no problems running fine filtration.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I run them and I dont have any issues. I hear alor of people making a big deal about fine filters in colder weather... CAT runs 2 micron filters on their equipment in cold weather. I run antigell in every tank below 32 degrees since I run bio blend (B20) year round. So far ive been down to -15 with no problems running fine filtration.
and we have lots of problems with plugging filters! thats why they make a big deal about it. what filter base and filter do you use?

·
Premium Member
5,738 Posts
My fuel filters have seen numerous sub-zero starts (coldest around -10F)...not a problem yet. Mine are down on the frame rail, which is supposedly the worst spot for gelling. But eventough I don't plug her in or run anti-gel I have never had a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts