Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

has someone a good tip?
I did operate the LED bar on my AUX switch 1.
It stoped working and first I thought the bar is broken as there is no error message whatsoever.

But the LED bar still works.
So checking the wiring it turns out that I do not get power in the AUX connector for AUX 1.
So far I have check the fuses in the PDC and all are ok.
The AUX 1 Switch also lights up yellow as normal when pushed for operation.

I have connected the LED bar now to AUX 3 and works like it should.
Also my AUX 2 works.

Any ideas what else to check?

Mike

·
Registered
636 Posts
There is a relay for each aux switch also.
Perhaps try switching relay 1 with another that works?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a relay for each aux switch also.
Perhaps try switching relay 1 with another that works?
Hi,

good Idea, but this seems not to be it.
I changed to one which I know works.
You hear the realist switching on/off but still no power on the line.

Mike

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Visual and exchanged with the known working ones.

·
US ARMY Retired
849 Posts
If you checked the relay, fuse then I would say the power wire going into the slot for Aux switch #1. You will probably have to pull out the Aux PDC box and trace the wire. It's more than likely at a connecting point but could be anywhere along the wire. I also wonder if its on the ground side. I would trace the power first.

Reactions: brulaz

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you checked the relay, fuse then I would say the power wire going into the slot for Aux switch #1. You will probably have to pull out the Aux PDC box and trace the wire. It's more than likely at a connecting point but could be anywhere along the wire. I also wonder if its on the ground side. I would trace the power first.

Thanks, will do that next.

Moved the LED bar now on AUX3 as a quick fix.

·
US ARMY Retired
849 Posts
Thanks, will do that next.

Moved the LED bar now on AUX3 as a quick fix.
I think I misunderstood you when you said "it doesn't carry power" I was thinking no power at all. Are you saying that when you turn on the switch that...the power only stays for a brief moment? I believe its a momentary switch and #3 for example is a latching switch. You should be able to program the switches through the radio to be either momentary or latching. Momentary is come on for a brief second (i.e. horn) and Latching is it stays on like a light switch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think I misunderstood you when you said "it doesn't carry power" I was thinking no power at all. Are you saying that when you turn on the switch that...the power only stays for a brief moment? I believe its a momentary switch and #3 for example is a latching switch. You should be able to program the switches through the radio to be either momentary or latching. Momentary is come on for a brief second (i.e. horn) and Latching is it stays on like a light switch.
There was mention that the Led light for the Aux 1 switch was lit, so I assume he has the switch configured to be latching already.

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
US ARMY Retired
849 Posts
There was mention that the Led light for the Aux 1 switch was lit, so I assume he has the switch configured to be latching already.
Thanks...I missed that...I remember reading somewhere on here that people were having trouble keeping switch #1 a latching switch as it would set as latching then for some odd reason after a while it would go back to momentary. Also I may have read that with people that were adding the switches and programming with AlfaObd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts