Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying an 04 2500 Quad Cab w/ an Automatic. Right now (brace yourselves) I have an 04 F-350 6.0 liter powerstroke 6 spd. I love the 6 spd, but not much for the 6 liter diesel. My question is that I haul a lot of hay, and some loads I haul can get pretty heavy, so I'm wondering if the Automatic will hold up to heavy loads up some steep hills. I've never owned a Dodge and I don't know a lot about them except the 5.9 Cummins is pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I don't know much about the automatic trannys. So, I'd like to hear some pluses and minuses about the automatics before I decide on making a purchase or not. I'd appreciate any help soon, because I need to make up my mind by tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
A 04 has the 48re trans. Not the greatest trans but it will take more abuse than people lead on. I would think the trans will be fine pulling heavy loads at stock power settings.(no chips, programmers etc.) I dont pull much but some that does should chime in. Hope this helps you some. Oh by the way WELCOME TO CUMMINS FORUM!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts