Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a 95 automatic and i need to change the trans fluid and i have no idea on what is involved on an auto so any tips would be helpful, are there any filters or anything and anything else i can do while the pan is off like turn up the line pressure or tighten bands? THANKS

·
Registered
273 Posts
hi you can pull the pan and dump the oil thats in it. there is a filter in there that is easy to change ( 3 screws) . there will be a little black resido in the bottom of the pan an also there should be a magnet to catch any steel particals. but there will still be most of the oil left in it. that you cant get out. i would take it to a good tranny shop that has a flush system thay hook up the machine right to a tranny lines ,suck the old fliid out and pump the new fluid in this way it all gets changed. 1 band can be adjusted from the out side and 1 when the pan is off. both fearly easy . good luck

·
Registered
555 Posts
warning: if your trans is already slipping do NOT change the fluid as it will just result in severe loss of clutch pack material and your trans WILL fail completely soon after.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
warning: if your trans is already slipping do NOT change the fluid as it will just result in severe loss of clutch pack material and your trans WILL fail completely soon after.
its not really slipping but when your going full throttle it wont shift out of third gear until you back off to half throttle all other times it is fairly good for an ol' automatic dodge..:lol3:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't flush it... It's fine, my truck does the same thing, it won't shift into overdrive at full throttle...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, That is totally normal, It will not shift into 4th at WOT. It will eventually when the 2-3 upshift is done, and revs force 4th. if you want to help that, put a TCC lock switch, OD off till 30-35, lock it and hold on to your head, then at 50 or so ill back off a little pop the OD and lay back into it. and buh-bye!!!

DO NOT ADJUST THE TV TO BRING THAT SHIFT IN, IT WILL START PILE SHIFTING 1-3.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys i already have a lock up switch but i guess i have to get the hang of this dang auto. not use to the thing yet but i will work with it some more.....:peelout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts