Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good trans re-builder on pei or around the Maritimes. Thinking of going with a BD kit and their torque converter...any info would be appreaciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i hear good reviews on birts transmission on north river rd

Reactions: len macdonald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Len, did you order your parts yet?

I'm ready to order a trans from DTT in BC and have to ship by skid. I was quoted $650.00 to PEI and core return back to BC for the same parts as you. I was also quoted $750.00 for a complete trans shipped to PEI and my core trans shipped back.

Did BD quote you shipping?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I met with Berts and decided to go with a heavy duty kit and a single disc converter. Bds transmission was to much for what I needed. In the future if I want to go over 400hp then I will need their package.

Up date. Tranny works fine..had to replace input shaft on transfer case. All new front-end parts plus bearings and seals,shocks,4inch stainless exaust,new cold air intake.
96 12 valve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Len, In my search for cheap shipping I came to find out that BD has a retail location at a shop in Memramcook, NB called Rays Auto Repair. I ended buying a built trans from DTT, but the guys in Memramcook could have had a complete trans shipped in for only $67.00.

Reactions: len macdonald

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
^^Not trying to hijack, but how do you like the DTT trans. What year truck do you have?? If you dont mind how much was the shipping and the install??
I've been in touch with S Koondaly from DTT I may go with them down the road for a built tranny. They seem to be very popular on the forum:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't gotten it yet. I ordered it little over a week ago and I expect it will be another couple of weeks before it's ready to ship. Likely a month or more before I will have it in the truck.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sounds like a nice truck man!:drool2:

Let me know how you make out with the trans...
If you're ever near this area let me know..:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts