Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin to be ordering some gauges soon and ive been lookin around at a couple different places. i was at dieselmanors website and i saw a transmission return line with a gauge port in it that is supposed to be a direct fit and wont obstruct the flow. they say its actually better to take your readings from that point instead of the pan because the return line is where all the hot oil goes back to get cooled, so it would be more accurate than in the pan where cooler liquid mixes with warmer fluid. it makes sense to me, but i was wondering if anyone is using one of these and if they had any problems with them leaking where they cut this fitting into the line? sorry to be so long winded and thanks for any help/advice :peelout:thumbsup

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just ordered mine today. Alot of people recommend the diesel manor trans line.

·
Premium Member
15,499 Posts
It isn't the cooler return line, it's the cooler output line from the trans. The line replaces the short factory line from the trans to the factory fluid to fluid cooler on the side of the block and positions the sensor so it is reading the fluid directly out of the TC which where the most heat is generated.

Yes, that is the best spot to monitor trans fluid temps for problems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered mine today. Alot of people recommend the diesel manor trans line.
It isn't the cooler return line, it's the cooler output line from the trans. The line replaces the short factory line from the trans to the factory fluid to fluid cooler on the side of the block and positions the sensor so it is reading the fluid directly out of the TC which where the most heat is generated.

Yes, that is the best spot to monitor trans fluid temps for problems.
thanks for the info. i see a lot of the trans pans with the gauge port tapped in the pan, but they are like $260, so i figured if this is cheaper and a better place to get your readings then this will be the route i take. just wondering how many other people were using this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts