Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a new tranny from autozone or a tranny rebuilt locally be better...i dont have the funds for a high performance tranny but i just want one that will be reliable, and able to handle about 500lbs of torque

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
The new transmissions from the chrysler plant needed help out of the factory with stock cummins, I don't think you will be satisfied with a generic rebuild..... unless your gonna sell the truck soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im about to graduate high school and go to wyotech so i dont really have much funds available

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
would a new tranny from autozone or a tranny rebuilt locally be better...i dont have the funds for a high performance tranny but i just want one that will be reliable, and able to handle about 500lbs of torque
isnt 500lbs of torque lower then stock??? a valve body and converter would be about 2 grand but would hold some power

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much would that cost with the valve body, torque converter, and new clutches in the tranny

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
well im about to graduate high school and go to wyotech so i dont really have much funds available
I understand, but spending X today only to get minimum service life out of it so you can spend X again in the near future is another form of education

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true so what would the best route be?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
pay now so you don't pay later.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Improve Stock HTS trans, SS Single Billet Converter...... and if your gonna get to modding the truck soon, install a billet input, Double Deep Pan, and flexplate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Improve Stock HTS trans, SS Single Billet Converter...... and if your gonna get to modding the truck soon, install a billet input, Double Deep Pan, and flexplate.
how much would that roughly cost

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i've rebuilt a 47RE with a new valve body, billet converter, and kevlar plates for 1300, and its holding up very well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts