Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Im going for the 91 thats auto

thats not bad but would like a stick

Um if I wanted to change it from auto to manual would it be alot of work?? Would it be expensive??

Thanks

Kyle

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
It adds up really fast. For the price and hassle you could have a built automatic instead, which I would prefer and is hands down better for a play truck.

If you just want a "stick", then there are a few companies that would be willing to help you out...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
What local companies do you know about?
None. The most local company I bought from was Goerend Brothers in Iowa...

If I was doing it again I would go to Manzanita or Surprize and start asking around.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont now of any out here in calgary

but I found that 91 with and auto and theres a 90 with a stick thats sweet so my delima might be solved

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
theres a few auto trans shops on ebay selling what seem to be really nice 47 and 48re's on ebay, stock for $1200, built for 1800 and up from arizona.....

i wish i lived out there

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I've heard some pretty questionable things about the "Phoenix Transmissions" off of eBay. There's a couple Phoenix Transmissions out there; the one in Texas is supposed to be good, the one off eBay is from Phoenix Arizona though.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would think you would get a pretty penny for the used auto tranny though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
theres a few auto trans shops on ebay selling what seem to be really nice 47 and 48re's on ebay, stock for $1200, built for 1800 and up from arizona.....

i wish i lived out there
is that just the tranny or the whole swap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts