Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am considering doing a manual swap in my 1998 dodge 3500 12v Cummins. The things a tank but the trans is starting to go and have wanted a manual cummins for a while. Im wondering what parts Id need and a rough run down of what id need to do. Im looking more into a 5 speed but don't know everything I need. Obviously I know about the trans, T case, driveshafts, and slave cylinder. But im unsure of anything else id need. Any info is helpful
Also a rough price estimate as well
Thanks

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
clutch , manual adapter bell housing goes on the back of the engine , peddle assembly , shifter top and handle , shifter boots

3-5k $

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone I am considering doing a manual swap in my 1998 dodge 3500 12v Cummins. The things a tank but the trans is starting to go and have wanted a manual cummins for a while. Im wondering what parts Id need and a rough run down of what id need to do. Im looking more into a 5 speed but don't know everything I need. Obviously I know about the trans, T case, driveshafts, and slave cylinder. But im unsure of anything else id need. Any info is helpful
Also a rough price estimate as well
Thanks
I guess my biggest question is how much does it cost to rebuild a manual 5 speed than an automatic.where I’m from the rebuild on my automatic is going to run 1600. But I found a used manual for 1000 dollars shipped to my door and comes w a 3 year warranty. I found the pedal assembly for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I guess my biggest question is how much does it cost to rebuild a manual 5 speed than an automatic.where I’m from the rebuild on my automatic is going to run 1600. But I found a used manual for 1000 dollars shipped to my door and comes w a 3 year warranty. I found the pedal assembly for 100 bucks.
A good start

add
Drive shaft work
Clutch , hydros
Shifter
Proper fluid aint cheap
a few more odds n ends

I do not know how much a 5 speed rebuild is , sorry

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
manual adapter bell housing goes on the back of the engine
I'm pretty sure all the second gen bell housing adapter plates are the same for manual and automatic. They seem to share the same part number.

Reactions: justwrenchin

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a bell housing for a cummins and a n nv4500 if you need it. Brand new in the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On call 24/7
12,629 Posts
I have a shifter with boot for 98+ nv4500’s and also the plastic surround with cup holder’s, if you need them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts