Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I know there are a lot of threads out there that deal in this procedure but everyone always brings up the NV4500 and then it turns into a thread about that. I'm just on the hunt to find someone that can give me the rundown on the entire swap before I tear into it. I have a complete 90' W250 donor truck with the getrag in it. The truck that it will be going into is a 93' W250 with an automatic. I'd love to know what kind of barriers I may run into (if any) and how to get passed them. A brief timeline would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

·
1ST GEN
14,603 Posts
Its just a bolt in job. The only issue might be drive shafts. The getrag is about 8" shorter than a 518 trans. If the 93 is a club cab. The drive shafts from the 90 are to short.

·
1ST GEN
14,603 Posts
Both regular cabs. Your good to go. Enjoy the wrenching.

Do not ground the neutral safety wire. Your cruise control will not work if you do. Run your neutral wire up to the clutch pedal switch. Then ground the second wire on the switch.

·
Registered
429 Posts
So what part of the world do you reside?

All the basics, the clutch pedal, slave cylinder and hose. Column and speedo gauge as the auto has the shift indicator in it for the auto. Bell housing and adapter, flywheel and I assume the pilot bearing/bushing in the center of the crank shaft for the input shaft. Floor shifter (use the donor truck for marking the shifter hole in the floor) and you may need a different plug for the back up switch, not sure on this. You will have an extra plug or two left on your truck because of the overdrive. The last thing I can think of is the computers may be different between the two vehicals as well.

I'm getting ready to do the opposite swap in a few months. Good luck and I'm sure people will chime in with corrections and additions to this list.

Kevin
xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.