Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MOOB ADMIRER!
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has auto door locks that lock right after you turn the key. The 4 key cycle then hitting the door lock button doesn't work. Anything else I can try?

Also, I don't have an owners manual and I can't find a pdf. Anybody have a link?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Keeping up on this post. My passenger door doesn't even close. driver outside handle doesnt work. Power locks work but don't actually lock anything. In for seeing a tear down!

·
MOOB ADMIRER!
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the panel under the steering wheel and apparently have an Autopage aftermarket alarm. So that's what's causing the door lock issue. Gotta figure out how to disable that junk

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
My car came equipped with an aftermarket alarm system BUT no key FOB to control it. I found this out when I had the battery go flat and the alarm went off when the battery was recharged. The alarm thought I was stealing my own car and would not allow the starter to start. :banghead:

I found the aftermarket box under the dash. I removed 2 fuses in the alarm. After that the car starts and runs like it had no alarm in it. However, I DO have an alarm in my car and get a discount for it on my insurance. They never asked me if I had it working or not. :rof

Seriously, if that alarm has fuses just removing them may solve your problem. It worked for me. If that does not work it is time to remove the alarm system and undo its wiring. Make sure you use some heat shrink tubing or liquid electrical tape to cover any wires you expose. The tape has not lasted well for me except under ideal conditions.

·
MOOB ADMIRER!
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car came equipped with an aftermarket alarm system BUT no key FOB to control it. I found this out when I had the battery go flat and the alarm went off when the battery was recharged. The alarm thought I was stealing my own car and would not allow the starter to start. :banghead:

I found the aftermarket box under the dash. I removed 2 fuses in the alarm. After that the car starts and runs like it had no alarm in it. However, I DO have an alarm in my car and get a discount for it on my insurance. They never asked me if I had it working or not. :rof

Seriously, if that alarm has fuses just removing them may solve your problem. It worked for me. If that does not work it is time to remove the alarm system and undo its wiring. Make sure you use some heat shrink tubing or liquid electrical tape to cover any wires you expose. The tape has not lasted well for me except under ideal conditions.
That sucks. Mine didn't come with key fobs either. It had keyless entry from the factory, so why the hell would they cut all the factory wires and put that POS in? Its pretty scary under there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
is there a problem with the alarms on these trucks like not shutting off or something? the previous owner says it works but won't shut off when it goes off or goes off on accident

1 - 6 of 6 Posts