Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power will the 68 auto hold up to before I have to start beefing it up? Ive always had manuals but I kinda like this auto.I know I cant out shift it.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Mine is holding the Juice/MP-8 stack just fine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I read 500 at the rear wheels. I also have the mp-8 and edge stack. with no problems . from my research even at 500 the main concern is converter and flexplate. The internals i think handle more. I may have misread and be 500 at the flexplate.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
THe guys at I think PDI may be the name of them said at 450 rwhp the trans started to slip. They are the ones that had that 600-700 hp truck a few months back

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
i've seen some slip w/ just an edge unit on it. it all depends on the trans. i had a guy w/ an 07 5.9 w/ an edge and some other goodies on it and the trans slipped like crazy. we wound up putting a whole BD trans in it.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Heck 48re's slip in stock form. The 68rfe's hold quite a bit more.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wish the standards would hold more :( or else I wish i had a freak clutch like KMK's. Maybe he can give us a step by step instructional on how to burn the clutch up good and make it a brut! How about it KMK ? LOL

I can slip mine no problem. I think they are only rated to 400-450 HP with the standards.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Wish the standards would hold more :( or else I wish i had a freak clutch like KMK's. Maybe he can give us a step by step instructional on how to burn the clutch up good and make it a brut! How about it KMK ? LOL

I can slip mine no problem. I think they are only rated to 400-450 HP with the standards.
Look on the bright side, a clutch is A LOT cheaper than a billet auto:$::D

·
Registered
331 Posts
True very True

·
Registered
721 Posts
Don't rub it in, If my wife get's word of this then she'll cut my funds:lol3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts