Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an airdog 150 to go with the rest of the mods in my sig. Which turbo do you guys suggest, and what kind of power will I be looking at on a dyno? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I may even pop for some edge 75 hp nozzles if you think this would help.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I take it you have a 305 HP truck. The 3000 has no wastegate. The bd does. It seems like most guys get HTT or II turbos. Do some searches.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. So a turbo with no wastegate will not work for me. I noticed you have an he351 in your sig, how do you like this mod. I could probably do this a lot cheeper right.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have no experience with the Aurora 3000 but I do like my Super B Single a lot. My EGT's are much lower than the stock HE 341 with as fast or faster spool up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The 351 would be a cheap upgrade for you ~$300 for elbow and turbo. With the Jr I am still sorting things out but if you can see 40psi with the 341 you will no doubt see lower egts and increase in perf with the 351. If you already have the 4" elbow you are part way there. The BD turbo has an efficiency map to 45 psi and the 351 probably to 30 psi. It depends what you plans are and funds available.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i'm not sure what you are going to do witht he truck, but I spent a lot of time talking with BD and since I couldn't afford the towing twins Dave set me up with the Super B special.

I really like it. Lower EGTs (250+/-), I can tow on higher edge settings, and I picked up a little on the mpg.

It is a tad slower to spool compared to the stock one, but not enough that it really effects anything. When it does wind up, boost climbs instantly.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Id do a stock 04.5+ turbo, over one of those two you listed. Its a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
the a3000 was designed to work with no wast gate on your truck. i should say fit on your truck it does not work very well at all. stay with bd or htt the bd has waste gates on each opening that keeps the back pressure equal and has a few other small things i also like that is not available on others

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I"ll sell you a turbo off a 06 make a offer and i'd be wiling to sell my elbow off my 05

1 - 9 of 9 Posts