Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some aftermarket subs in my truck. What do I need to hook the amp to the stock head unit?

·
Registered
135 Posts
dont know for sure if you can, but if you can it should just be remote wire and output cables

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you can. theres an adapter. one of my friends has it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea. Well, theres not a bestbuy within 80 miles of here.. So I came to yall :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry, didn't know you needed adapters and stuff, I've only installed in aftermarket head units

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is so confusing. Im not looking to blow the doors off just suplement the stock system. Can someone make me a list of what they would buy for under $300

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just purchased some subs, a box, wires, and an amp. What do I need to hook the head unit to the amp. I cant find the part.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If your willing to spend 300. on parts to make your stock pos work, why not buy a new cheaper model Pioneer? You will not get near the sound out of the stock as you will the new headunit. I weighed the options of losing my 6 disc for a new Pioneer, and it was well worth it. Next is the stock speakers.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
If your willing to spend 300. on parts to make your stock pos work, why not buy a new cheaper model Pioneer? You will not get near the sound out of the stock as you will the new headunit. I weighed the options of losing my 6 disc for a new Pioneer, and it was well worth it. Next is the stock speakers.
I yanked out the 6 disc in dash changer too, and bought a head unit with Ipod hookup. No need for discs anymore.:thumbsup

As for the OP question, you can either get a new head unit or get a sound processor. Check out www.cruthfield.com they have the sound processors and lots of great technical help to get you what you need.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have one more question. I need a wiring kit for two subs that need about 300 rms watts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The line level adapter will work fine. They can be picked up at walmart for about 30 bucks. You tap into the rear speaker wires and it converts the signal to run through rca cables. The remote turn on will also tap into the rear speaker wires and as soon as the rear speakers receive a signal from the head unit the amp will turn on. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts