Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I think I have the au flash there is a sticker under my hood that says au 10/7/07. I am waiting for my badp kit now I ordered it last week.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Guys, I would get the new AX flash if I was you. I was holding out to the bitter end on getting any more flashes myself. I got the AU flash and I was just sick what it did to my truck. I felt I sure didn't want anymore flashes after that one either. Changed my mind about 20K miles ago and have been running the AX. Its a way better flash... I have also heard that we have yet another soon to be released in June also, so if you want the AX you better be for getting it now and that will allow you to sit on the AX and wait and see how this next flash is going to turn out before your the first ones to find out LOL...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had the AU flash for ever and then did the DPF delete. Once I had the DPF delete done and running fine, I had the AX flash done. I told the service tech that I was going to take off the EGR and he said the AX flash would suit my need well as its suppose to use less EGR due to filling the DPF up too fast. I now have the EGR gone and the AX flash and so far with about a 1000 miles since the EGR delete and 3000 miles since the AX flash no problems or codes!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im running the AU flash, thinking of tryin the AX but not sure yet.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Get the AX flash it's light years better than the AU.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I am running the latest flash for the 08 trucks. It changed the way my transmission shifts...in both normal and tow/haul mode. It seems to shift smoother than before the new flash. My fuel economy went up almost 3 mpg US.

I finally hitched onto a good sized 5th wheel load yesterday. Total vehicle and trailer combo was just under 20,000 lbs. The truck just toyed with the loaded trailer. Next time if I can I will load the trailer with more weight on the truck to see if it will make it ride a bit smoother. I filled up the truck before I started hauling and topped it up afterward to see how the truck did. Calculated to 13.6 mpg US. This also included around an hour of idling time. My truck was getting just over 11 mpg Not towing...so I am happier...but I know that it will improve after the truck gets some miles on it ...also after a couple more things fall off the engine!! Good bye egr!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Rock,

When I deleted my EGR dude, I did lose fuel mileage!!! It still stays off my engine for the sake of the motor lasting longer. I only lost the fuel mileage that the AX flash was giving me though. I basically kept the same mileage when I got the AX flash, since it was the only thing that allowed me to delete my EGR.

I never could keep the EGR off before because of the fuel knock I would get when I took mine off... If your getting 13.6 towing something with that much weight yours is doing very well JIMO. One of the single worst things I have and take the biggest hit to my fuel mileage every day and day in and day out on my route, has been the wind load... If I drive with a pretty good wind blowing from any direction other than from straight behind me, it really knocks my fuel mileage down...

I do think you guys with the 08' MY trucks are getting better fuel mileage as a rule which is a good thing, least for you with those LOL...
There just seems to be something they can't make happen right on these 07' MY trucks with the current ECM, software and hardware for whatever reason. I have yet to figure a way to really get all this emission stuff off and turn the fuel mileage loose either, which makes no sense what-so-ever now that I have all of the stuff off... If anything, its like the software in the ECM has been mapped to use this much fuel reguardless on this motor. If I had to guess at this though, its in how they shot the injectors three times per/cycle. I know that sure has this motor running much quiter than any other diesel I have been with the duration of the spread of the fuel per/cycle.

Still, though the AX flash has been the single best flash I have got and I have been glad I did get reflashed this time. I hated what the AU did to how my tranny shifted. I don't like how they smoothout the shifting on these auto tranny's at all really, but we get no choice in that...

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Actually there are up to 5 injection events. One of those might be counting an active regen though I am not sure.

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
I have version 2 of the AX reflash c/w the Consul update and everything now works much better including the down shifting with the Exhaust Brake. The milage is running an average 18.5 MPG Still have the DPF and EGR after 127,000 Km. Still smells like burnt rubber on shut down.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I thought the C/C trucks used a different ECM and Flash Code. Thats really strange because I'm having trouble finding a performance module to work. I'm planning on removing the DPF and EGR this week. My MPG is dropping in the 11's towing under 5K with the AU flash.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Guys,
I am kind of gald I waited till I got my G30 update and the latest flash. I am not sure what flash was on my truck before I had it updated, but I was happy with how it opperated except for poor fuel economy. I am not sure if the new programing is responsible for my milage increase or if it was the O2 sensor module that helped (probably a bit of both). From what I have read on this forum the flash helped increase fuel economy. If you don't have the latest flash then I would get it done. Uncork that truck as soon as you can...there is a thread on how to fool the egt sensors on the C&C trucks that you probably have read. Good luck gearjammin6.7!

I got in late so I was pretty tired when I posted this morning. I just wanted to clarify that I noticed after the latest flash that the downshifts were not as harsh. The upshifts seem to be about the same as before the latest flash.

I had a good tail wind coming home (empty of course) which helped the fuel economy. I had my load tarped which also can help fuel economy by making your cargo more areodynamic. There were two tires that were not aired up to 100 psi on my trailer so that may have brought my milage down a bit...only 75 psi in the lead axle of my triaxle trailer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What benefits will i see from the AX over my AU? Better shifting trans? Anything else?

One other thing to note you guys still running a dpf and wanting to run a chip...go with the edge...imagine that huh :lol3: My edge smokes alot less then my PUP, it actually wont smoke hardly at all. The pup didn't smoke tons but a good deal more, i could def see more regens from it! Im also working on a spreadsheet to determine which one offers the most gain.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I don't know if it will make a difference on my truck to get the ax flash. I removed all the egr stuff have edgejuice, mp-8, and am waiting for power pup/BADP 5" ss exhaust now. This week I'm ordering Fass 150. What do you think the dealer is going to say when they see everything I've done? Do they do the flashes for free? Is this something that is considered warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I don't know if it will make a difference on my truck to get the ax flash. I removed all the egr stuff have edgejuice, mp-8, and am waiting for power pup/BADP 5" ss exhaust now. This week I'm ordering Fass 150. What do you think the dealer is going to say when they see everything I've done? Do they do the flashes for free? Is this something that is considered warranty?
I haven't taken mine back to my local dealer for a flash since I've added everything to my truck. To get flashes in the past I had to make something up in order for them to do it; like white smoke etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks guys, I thought the C/C trucks used a different ECM and Flash Code. Thats really strange because I'm having trouble finding a performance module to work. I'm planning on removing the DPF and EGR this week. My MPG is dropping in the 11's towing under 5K with the AU flash.
yes the dealer told me that the AU was for the C&C the ax is for the pickup. the C&C does use a different ECM then the p/u

1 - 16 of 16 Posts