Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am uncertain about lifting my 2003 quad cab. I recently put 35 inch open country a/t's and now have a slight rubbing issue. I now have a 2" leveling kit on the front, but it is just not cutting it.
Do any of you lifted truck owners regret adding a lift?? I have experience the dreaded death wobble and changed front end parts to "fix". Are there any driving issues as such with a lift?? What would you do differently if you could??
Looking to get a lift from Top Gun Customs. Checking out one of there Tough Country lifts with new front coils and lift block for the rear.

Thanks in advance for the replies

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i like lifted trucks. girls like lifted trucks so i deffinitely lift my truck. haha. i havnt experienced the wobble and ive had 4000miles since lifting it.

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,435 Posts
I second that. The girly's love lifted trucks!! I dont regret lifting my truck at all, and I think if you get a quality lift, and get some good shocks, you should be just fine. Also, make sure you get a quality steering stabilizer, because the stock stabilizer cannot keep up with the weight of heavier wheels for to long, and that could lead to Death Wobble. Just dont cut any corners, and make sure you do it right the first time.:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Negative! I will never own a truck that is not lifted! You get what you buy!!! Trucks look really weird with out a lift! Given my 06 power stroke had a 8inch fabtech and 37's and I really dont need that much lift but it sure looked really sweet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 07 with Lorenz's 2.25 SAW, a Thuren Tracbar, and a Defiant steering box stabilizer and 35" Toyo MTs........no rub, no death wobble, no problems!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. After reading several article and heving experiece with a Superlift on my CJ 7, I have decided to go with a 4" kit that they offer. I think that it will meet my needs and give my truck the right stance.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Krammitthefrog on here has the superlift 6" and is running 37s on his '04. Thats a nice riding truck. If I were to ever lift mine more than the leveled its got, I would probably go with the superlift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts