Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw my Ray Bans on yesterday after work, looked at my Attitude and it wasn't reading anything. I thought I had a problem until I removed my sunglasses to see it was displaying just fine. The polarized lenses were filtering it out. Weird.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
I've had that problem with some of my digital gauges on my wifes car and LED displays on Stereos. Next time tilt your head and you will see the display again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had that problem with some of my digital gauges on my wifes car and LED displays on Stereos. Next time tilt your head and you will see the display again. :thumbsup:
I was tilting my head and it would only make a slight difference. It was pretty confusing at first. :hehe:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Man.....I had to send my old unit back and it did not black out.....I go the new one and black......I even had them send me a second monitor just to check it out.....tilting your head sucks.....I've had a couple people ask me what was wrong with my neck

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,489 Posts
What's happening is the combination of polarized lenses. The lens on the Attitude or stereo is apparently polarized and so with your glasses, they cancel all light. Remember those little tags you used to be able to look thru and turn at the store to prove your new sunglasses where polarized? Same function at work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know how they work but there seems to be a standard for which way the light waves are filtered out.....I guess it's just annoying that they have it backwards

·
Registered
347 Posts
when i had mine i mounted it on top of my steering colum so i could see it through the bottom of my glasses worked fine until i switched to the smarty and analog gauges.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
i noticed that on my buddies truck the other day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts