Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if any one is running the ats 4000 or 5000 on the street and how they compare to industrial injection and high tech turbo 62 or 64 any info would be great since im in the market for a turbo :peelout

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am running a 5000 on my 12 valve and i love it! it is pretty laggy when u punch it leaving a stop light but after a few seconds the turbo really lights up. :roof: it is a tight fit in the engine compartment though

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I would imagine the 4000 would be a little more streetable. If I remember correctly the A5000 is a modified K31!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i ahev the 4000, it doese really nice..it has the MST which makes it very versatile on the road..it is EXPLOSIVE in the midrange and upper range and is still pretty fast off the line..just amke sure you have some fueling goodies to go along with it...not to mention that it builds a good 45+ lbs boost

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sounds good , one more question how are they towing, I don't tow much but when I do the trailer wieght is around 8 to 10000lb . but like I said I only tow 2 or 3 times a year tops, thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have run all of ats turbos.....the 5000 is a great turbo.....if you have the fuel to push it...the 4000 as well.....street wise they would be great for you....if you daily drive it you are going to notice a lot of surging.....the compound set up of the 3000 and 5000 is what I ended up with and I love it through all aspects....towing...street....daily driver..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the fuel we be there thats why I'm going with a single, the cost of feul upgrades and compounds is to high for me right now

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would look into the 3000 possibly....but if that isn't quite what you are looking for go with the 4000

·
Registered
589 Posts
im running an aurora 3000,barely any smoke on level 6,tows great and egt stay down,im very happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts