Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Its probably a real sell. It is just the basic tranny with regular shafts, regular pan, and no torque converter. On ATS's web site that tranny is $2,240.70.

·
Registered
38 Posts
that is a real ats , but dont forget you need to add 1300 for the converter to go with it .

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I say it's real....

Keep in mind with your smarty and tall tires a Flex Plate and Input Shaft are Highly recommended.

You might want to change your philosophy on trans a bit.... , stick with a towing Style Valve Body and a VERY EFFICIENT SINGLE Disc Converter. This will make the drop of RPM's to Lock Up less, which will reduce the shock at the moment of lock up relieving stress on input shaft and all other drive line components.

Tall tires equal lower RPMS, line pressure is a function of RPM and if you dial in the tire size with the smarty your ECM to 48RE communication will be altered to shift a little different and I believe earlier. Line pressure is what squeezes through the input shaft to make "Lock Up" happen, if this happens at a lower RPM then the converter has less pressure to accomplish this and chatter or slip is more likely even with big dollar parts, let alone stock converter. The more efficient converter will be supporting lock up and give way better service life to the entire transmission effort, especially if this truck is a daily driver.

Sorry for the book, we were assuming your looking for a trans for the truck in your sig.

·
Registered
830 Posts
thanks for askin this. i looked at this exact tranny 2 nights ago and wonderd the same thing, is that a real price? guess so.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I would say it is a good price, I know that our transmissions with similar builds sell for less.

It is an eye catcher because the Converter and shipping is not included.... I check the shipping cost on the trans to my zip code and it woulda cost me close to $400, if that's one way shipping than I believe it is expensive.

They are gonna want the core back, so you need to dig deeper into the deal to see if it is included.

I just don't like ebay for big ticket items that have lots of variables....

If you want to compare the deal to something PM me and I will give you a delivered price with Shipping both ways covered in the price.... NO Surprises.

W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts