Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What is better ATS Tranny or SUNCOAST Tranny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is better for 2001 47re tranny swap? ATS $3500 or more or SUNCOAST for bout $2700.

·
Registered
321 Posts
very happy with my suncoast triple disc converter and, internals and billet input.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idk what kind of hp. eventually aurora 4000. bigger injectors, and fuel system

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I would have a local company build you something, red alto clutches stronger bands, shift enhancement kit, single or triple disk clutch, billet input, and if needed billet flex plate and output shaft...
Its cheaper to do it that way. Not all transmissions need everything done and most of the time the bigger companies miss stuff that the little guys see when they take apart the whole transmission.

THIS is just my opinion

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I had a trans built by HTS, its ok, but I have had some issues lately. They over filled it by 4 quarts, I noticed trans getting hot. After two years of driving the truck i developed a major transmission leak coming from my trans lines, they didnt installe the line spacers properly and they rubbed holes in each other. Since day one it occasionally misses a gear and revs out getting on the Interstate.

I called them about 10 times over the past three years and they just told me they were too busy to help me over the phone. I live south of Indianapolis, IN and they live right next to Grand Rapids, Michigan. The local trans guys want to charge an arm and a leg cause its not there build. I agree with the post above, stay local.

BTW, HTS uses Suncoast Converters and a Red Alto clutched and Bands and upgrade some hard parts. There shift kit is a modified TransGo kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts