Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A rat has been eating at my hood liner and made a nest in the bed of my truck. Does anyone know if there is any possibility of there being any asbestos in the hood liner? I know that they used asbestos on the older vehicles. Does anyone know the year they discontinued using asbestos in the hood liner? Did they discontunue using asbestos?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely some one must know the answer to my question.

If no one has the answer to this, do you know where I can find out?

·
Registered
250 Posts
just rip it out and throw it away, been running my truck without it for years.

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
I highly doubt they used asbestos in the hood insulation pad...when I was a freshman in high school, they were completely gutting the building getting rid of asbestos, and that was in 98. I dont think asbestos has been used much in the last, what, 20 years or so? Atleast 15...

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
I think it's production was outlawed in 78 or so... but I could be wrong. I am positive it was before 2000

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a pet mouse in my liner too. Nothing a snap trap and a little cheese mounted on the valve cover overnight couldn't take care of. The guts of mine look like ground up blue jeans and blankets so I doubt too that asbestos is in the mix.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Asbestos

No way auto manufactures are using asbestos in there hood liners, or anywhere else. That is a known cancer causing product.
Just pull out your hood liner. New trucks don't even have em (Im told).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
658 Posts
No way auto manufactures are using asbestos in there hood liners, or anywhere else. That is a known cancer causing product.
Just pull out your hood liner. New trucks don't even have em (Im told).:thumbsup:
:agree2:

It's been decades since asbestos was used.

The hood liner was phased out in 2001.5 - dmc had to find a way to pay for the rear disk brakes... so out went the hood liner, the lighted key ring, the rear cup holder...

·
Registered
212 Posts
:agree2:

It's been decades since asbestos was used.

The hood liner was phased out in 2001.5 - dmc had to find a way to pay for the rear disk brakes... so out went the hood liner, the lighted key ring, the rear cup holder...
hahahahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts